Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Missing Files/ ImgCoreSocket crash  (Read 6359 times)

noisejammer

Missing Files/ ImgCoreSocket crash
« on: January 06, 2014, 04:30:43 am »

Hi All
I have two questions that I haven't been able to resolve through the PhaseOne "help." Refers to C1 Pro, v7.1.6 and Win 7/64.

1. I have 93 raw images in a folder. They were mixed up with .jpg images, so I was selecting these by [Ctrl]Click. About halfway through the process, something went crazy - the cursor ran all over the field but no images were actually imported.

I then sorted the images and attempted to import them again. This time I was told that the files I had clicked previously were already in the catalog. This might be true but I can't see them in the browser so where are they?
Any ideas on how to make them visible.

I have edited the remaining files so I'd prefer to sort out the existing catalog.

2. I was screening the images and attempting to remove some OOF images using [Ctrl]Del. After 3- or 4- images, C1 crashes and either becomes unresponsive (no cpu activity) or closes completely. ImgCoreSocket error (10038) appeared on the screen after the crash.

TIA
Bruce, Toronto

allegretto

Re: Missing Files/ ImgCoreSocket crash
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 11:39:38 am »

Look under the "View" tab for Global Filters and see if any are checked. You may have a situation where the files are not not showing because something is checked

Otherwise, close and re-open the Catalog and select "All Images"

I have had a few times where it has "hung up" on me too and I had to force quit. Have also had it irrevevocably destroy images. I'm close to pulling the plug. Customer Service is reasonably fast, but not terribly helpful in some cases.

It's too bad; functionally it suits me much better than LR, but it is not terribly stable. Currently I will be importing to both programs for safety sake. I love how it processes Canon images but I'll keep a virgin LR copy just is case...

noisejammer

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 02:14:54 pm »

thanks, Allegretto.
Unfortunately, this didn't seem to cure the problem. Like you, I find it disappointing that the Software seems to have stability issues.

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 05:00:27 pm »

We've found 7.1.6 to be extremely stable.

But we, and 95%+ of our customers are Mac based.

allegretto

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 06:17:30 pm »

Doug

I run a VERY stable Mac with lots of ram and processing power. Have not bothered with crash reports but perhaps I shall in the future. Maybe it will help. In truth have found the CS folks pleasant, but advice not always useful

I even have problems that have not bothered reporting or asking about since it would take a complex explanation and I try to avoid that when not talking to a person. Inevitably it leads to no solution. Maybe I should give it a shot, but have already gotten "blame the customer" advice just as you have given us here.

Please don't be too offended, but many of us have done the Customer Service (CS) hold.... for many minutes. Or the CS delay... Or the CS shrug of shoulders... Or it's my computer's fault when oddly the computer runs perfectly elsewhere. Just not here. Used to be that the hardware guys invariably blamed the software or software guys always blamed hardware, or other software. Mac has made that a little more difficult and that's one of the many reasons why I use Mac.

Edit; here is an example of a problem I have not bothered CS with, but will now...

If given a list of more than a thousand images to move it will crash often. The crash is so bad that I must use "Force Quit" just to get my computer back. But that does not solve the issue since if I re open C1 it crashes immediately, again necessitating "Force Quit". It demands a Restart before it goes back to acting nicely.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 06:35:55 pm by allegretto »

noisejammer

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014, 11:00:17 am »

We've found 7.1.6 to be extremely stable.

But we, and 95%+ of our customers are Mac based.
I suppose it's easy to blame Windows machines for being unstable. The short version though, is that if Phase One can't write software that is stable on a Windoze machine, it should not be selling it.

Malcolm Payne

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2014, 05:20:11 am »

FWIW, 7.1.6 seems to be completely stable here on Win 7 Pro 64-bit, though it's always possible I simply haven't come across a particular combination of factors that might trigger a crash.

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2014, 09:42:22 am »

I did not blame the customer.

I was simply clarifying that our observations are almost exclusively on the Mac platform, so aren't entirely relevant to the OP.

No matter what software you're talking about there are issues on some variation of hardware/OS/usage. I'm sorry to hear of your issues allegetto, but they aren't indicative of the broader/average experience (at least since around 7.13 when the number of issues we and our customers have seen have dropped to negligible levels).
Pages: [1]   Go Up