Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Arches N.P.  (Read 962 times)

sierraman

Arches N.P.
« on: December 31, 2013, 12:22:28 am »

The 3 Gossips.

bretedge

• Bret Edge Photography
Re: Arches N.P.
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 11:29:23 am »

The snowy foreground works well here, as does the soft light.  It's a different perspective of Three Gossips and one I'm enjoying quite a bit.

sierraman

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 03:49:52 pm »

Thanks Bret. I stopped by your gallery but your note let me know you were in "Hibernation".  :)

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 04:44:15 pm »

Lovely view and good capture of it. Have you thought about cropping some off the left to get the Gossips more off-centre to add more "movement"? Also, I f you have a bit of image to the right, that front bunch of grass wouldn't be stuck to the bottom right edge. Lastly, consider darkening the sky a bit to give better separation from the lit Gossips. If you switch to black-and-white mode for a moment, you might see what I mean. (BTW looking at a colour photo in B&W is a good way of seeing shapes and tonal relationships, even when you intend the photo to be in colour - rather like closing one eye when composing to get a better sense of how a monocular lens will "see" the scene.)

These are all relatively minor - as you have a strong image to begin with, a few tweaks is all it needs.
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com

sierraman

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 05:30:50 pm »

Lovely view and good capture of it. Have you thought about cropping some off the left to get the Gossips more off-centre to add more "movement"? Also, I f you have a bit of image to the right, that front bunch of grass wouldn't be stuck to the bottom right edge. Lastly, consider darkening the sky a bit to give better separation from the lit Gossips. If you switch to black-and-white mode for a moment, you might see what I mean. (BTW looking at a colour photo in B&W is a good way of seeing shapes and tonal relationships, even when you intend the photo to be in colour - rather like closing one eye when composing to get a better sense of how a monocular lens will "see" the scene.)

These are all relatively minor - as you have a strong image to begin with, a few tweaks is all it needs.
Those are all good ideas. I thought about cropping but was just too lazy to do it before I posted the photo. Thanks for your thoughts.  :)

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 04:46:56 am »

Good image, I like the contrast between the warm and cool tones.
Pages: [1]   Go Up