Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Qimage versus Canon PS plug-in?  (Read 953 times)

KatManDEW

Qimage versus Canon PS plug-in?
« on: December 22, 2013, 08:56:57 pm »

Can anyone comment on using Qimage versus the Canon plug-in for Photoshop? I'm using the iPF6300. Does the plug-in provide noticeably better color rendition, and how does it compare with Qimage for image sharpness.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Re: Qimage versus Canon PS plug-in?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 05:00:09 am »

Can anyone comment on using Qimage versus the Canon plug-in for Photoshop? I'm using the iPF6300. Does the plug-in provide noticeably better color rendition, and how does it compare with Qimage for image sharpness.

Hi,

They are totally different applications/drivers. The benefit of the Canon plug-in is that it can use a 16-bit/channel output, which may offer marginally improved color rendition (very much depends on subject colors). Qimage offers superior resampling algorithms, a very productive environment for nesting (also multiple sizes of the same image), and recreating previous jobs or printing based on a user defined template. Qimage uses the Canon Printer driver for the dithering and printing but provides higher quality image data (including halo free Smart sharpening at the output size).

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

KatManDEW

Re: Qimage versus Canon PS plug-in?
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 11:24:01 am »

Hi,

They are totally different applications/drivers. The benefit of the Canon plug-in is that it can use a 16-bit/channel output, which may offer marginally improved color rendition (very much depends on subject colors). Qimage offers superior resampling algorithms, a very productive environment for nesting (also multiple sizes of the same image), and recreating previous jobs or printing based on a user defined template. Qimage uses the Canon Printer driver for the dithering and printing but provides higher quality image data (including halo free Smart sharpening at the output size).

Cheers,
Bart

Thanks for the reply. I doesn't sound like the Canon plug-in offers much advantage versus using Qimage.
Pages: [1]   Go Up