Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please, can anyone help with a 7600 problem I have?  (Read 703 times)

John Chardine

• chardine photography
Please, can anyone help with a 7600 problem I have?
« on: December 21, 2013, 10:08:29 pm »

Hi all- I decided to install new inks in my 7600 printer today. I followed the instructions to the letter, which involved a couple of init fill cycles with flushing fluid provided by the ink manufacturer, followed by an init fill with the new inks. I used new carts and rinsed them thoroughly with distilled water between flushing and the new ink.

My problem is that I am getting zero nozzle firing on a nozzle check- zero, absolutely no sign of any ink on the paper. The curious thing is that if I run a cleaning cycle I do get ink in the maintenance tank.

Does anyone know what might be the problem(s).

Thanks in advance.

BrianWJH

Re: Please, can anyone help with a 7600 problem I have?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 07:02:35 pm »

Have you tried printing an image, sounds like 3rd party ink and carts, so chips were reset?

As you said it's strange that cleaning flushes ink but nozzle pattern doesn't print, only explanation would be if flushing uses a vacuum to suck ink from the printhead and nozzle pattern/printing uses pressurization in the ink carts in which case there might be air in the ink lines or there is a leak in the pressure pump-ink lines or carts.

Other than that I'm out of ideas.

Brian.

John Chardine

• chardine photography
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 07:55:32 am »

Thanks Brian. Turns out the carts were not breathing because I neglected to remove a small plug to allow them to do so. I feel stupid.

BrianWJH

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2013, 04:12:06 pm »

Hey John, I wouldn't feel that way, I'd feel lucky it wasn't something else more serious.

Have a good Christmas and lots of printing.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up