Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fujifilm X cameras firmware updates and new grips  (Read 2268 times)

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
Fujifilm X cameras firmware updates and new grips
« on: December 20, 2013, 03:03:58 am »

Fujifilm has just released firmware updates for the XE, XPro, and X100 series cameras. Amongst other things, it allows the specification of minimum shutter speed when in auto-iso.

Also, they will introduce (Feb 2014) new camera grips for XE1/2 abd XPro-1; these grips are similar to the existing ones, but have a "hole" to allow reaching the battery and card compartment without removing the grips. Plus, they have a dovetail extension to allow direct mounting on Arca style tripod heads. This is really good.

Ken Bennett

• http://www.kenbennettphoto.com
Re: Fujifilm X cameras firmware updates and new grips
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 07:01:35 am »

I installed the new firmware yesterday in my X Pro 1 and my XE1 bodies. The update went fine, and the new features are welcome. One that I appreciate is that photos taken in continuous mode are no longer treated separately from single-shot mode.
Equipment: a camera and some lenses. https://www.instagram.com/wakeforestphoto/

Alan Smallbone

• APS Photography
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 09:39:27 am »

Along with the auto iso fix the other good update is the ability to gauge the exposure using the ev in manual mode, in other words it will not artificially brighten the image you will see the exposure level. Nice. There was a video interview with one of the managers at Fujifilm and they stated that they wanted user to use the cameras for a long time, so they will continue to add new features and support the cameras that are out there, other manufacturers should take note, this is customer service...

Alan
Alan Smallbone
Orange County, CA

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 10:40:49 am »

wyswyg view is great, this was one of my issues with the X-E1.  I purchased the X-E2, only to get a camera that was nowhere as accurate with AF and the peaking in the X-E2 is IMO harder to use. 

I still have the X-E1 and tested it against the X-E2 and I glad I kept it.  I sent the first one back, and will try one more and hopefully get better results, but now with this feature in the X-E1, it's a much better working camera for manual mode.  Love this.

Paul Caldwell
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

JonathanRimmel

• jonathanrimmel.com
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 02:27:07 pm »

I hope other manufacturers will follow Fuji's example. They do such a nice job with these things.

Christoph C. Feldhaim

• There is no rule! No - wait ...
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2013, 05:30:00 am »

Good to see they're improving the grips.
I did not buy one because of that hole missing (which RRS has been doing before).

W.T. Jones

• W.T. Jones LLC
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2013, 05:29:12 pm »

One that I appreciate is that photos taken in continuous mode are no longer treated separately from single-shot mode.

That really was a pain in the ass. A welcome change indeed.
Warren

Telecaster

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2013, 09:19:54 pm »

That's good news about the grips. I also like finally being able to set a minimum shutter speed with Auto ISO. I'd prefer that it be smarter...1x/1.5x/2x focal length rather than a fixed value, but this'll do for now.

-Dave-
Pages: [1]   Go Up