Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: nikon 500mm f4 lens with Lenscoat  (Read 2065 times)

Lightsmith

nikon 500mm f4 lens with Lenscoat
« on: December 18, 2013, 08:51:06 pm »

Has anyone use the Lenscoat covering on a Nikon 500mm f4 VR lens and experienced any difficulty in putting the lens with covering inside the Nikon hard case? I do not want to spend the $100 on the Lenscoat and then find I had a problem with the case.

rwarrin

Re: nikon 500mm f4 lens with Lenscoat
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 03:15:22 am »

Fits like a glove, no problems.
Also recently picked up one of the large LensCoat hoods for my 500/4 and I much prefer it to the Nikon cap.

NancyP

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 11:31:04 am »

Do you take the hard case on location? That would seem to me to be hanging a big sign, "Steal Me".

Lightsmith

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 01:16:16 pm »

My question was whether the lens with the Lenscoat in place would still fit inside the Nikon hard case. That question is still unanswered.

I would like to know if putting on a Lenscoat covering would negate use of the Nikon hard case.

For general use in the field I have a Think Tank Glass Limo backpack type of bag. In situations where I am putting a good amount of gear into a truck or plane for a journey I would like the option of using a  hard case that better protects the lens. I have a Storm case for the lens as the Nikon case, as was already mentioned, is terrible for protecting the lens from theft. But I would never put a lens into a Pelican/Storm type of case for any amount of time for fear of fungus growth.

rwarrin

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 01:44:05 pm »

I answered it for you in my earlier reply.
I bought my 500/4 in September and the LensCoat RealTree covering at the same time.

Yes.  It fits perfectly well. You will have no problem putting it back in it's case with the covering.

A bit more snug than without, but in this case I think more snug is a better thing.

Lightsmith

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 09:56:20 pm »

Thanks! When you said it fits like a glove, my take from your reply was the covering on the lens fit like a glove on a hand and not that the lens fit inside the case.
Pages: [1]   Go Up