Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Continuously running VR motor on my new Fuji 55 - 200mm  (Read 2313 times)

mshea

Continuously running VR motor on my new Fuji 55 - 200mm
« on: December 14, 2013, 12:04:41 pm »

Hi All,

Just received my Fuji 55 - 200mm and I notice that when I turn on the camera I can hear what sounds like the VR motor continuously running. I then take a shot, delete it, and the motor stops; then runs continuously when I depress the shutter release button halfway again. This happens whether the VR switch is on or off. Don't think knocking it on a hard surface to fix the problem is a good idea! Anyone else had the same experience?

Thanks,
Merrill

Christoph C. Feldhaim

• There is no rule! No - wait ...
Re: Continuously running VR motor on my new Fuji 55 - 200mm
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 12:06:15 pm »

Nope.
Mine doesn't do it.
What are the firmware versions of your camera (which one BTW?) and lens?

Johnny_Johnson

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 12:28:23 pm »

With the X-E2 body there is a "IS Mode" setting in the menu. The choices are "Continuous" or "Shooting Only". Sounds like your body may be set to continuous. If you have the X-E2 check the Shooting Menu #5.

Later,
Johnny

W.T. Jones

• W.T. Jones LLC
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2013, 12:30:17 pm »

I do know that in the menu there is a option for continuos OIS or only when shooting. However if you are set to continuous and you switch it off on the lens it should be deactivated. Hmmmm?, maybe a question for Fuji service or try another lens if you can & see if that is the problem
Warren

Johnny_Johnson

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2013, 12:33:30 pm »

I do know that in the menu there is a option for continuos OIS or only when shooting. However if you are set to continuous and you switch it off on the lens it should be deactivated. Hmmmm?, maybe a question for Fuji service or try another lens if you can & see if that is the problem

Good point Warren. So much for my advice.   :-) 

Later,
Johnny

W.T. Jones

• W.T. Jones LLC
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2013, 12:40:15 pm »

Don't feel too bad about it Johnny, After all, have you actually ever used the OIS switch? I cannot remember ever turning it off. Even if I tripod mount it, I forget about the silly thing ::)
Warren

Johnny_Johnson

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2013, 01:57:08 pm »

I didn't even remember there being one on the lens, even after the OP mentioned it.  :o

BTW Warren (or others), the manual for the X-E2 states that when the body is set to IS when "Shooting Only" that the IS will activate when the shutter release is half pressed. Mine doesn't do that. The IS doesn't activate until the shutter is fully released - doesn't do much for stabilizing the image while composing/framing. What's your observations?

Later,
Johnny

mshea

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2013, 12:58:54 am »

I'm using the x-Pro1, waiting to install the new firmware due on the 19th. Changing the IS option to "shooting only" has no effect on the IS motor running. Guess it's time to contact Fuji.

Thanks for the info!

Merrill
Pages: [1]   Go Up