Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Marketing to Europe and Asia  (Read 1270 times)

bretedge

• Bret Edge Photography
Marketing to Europe and Asia
« on: December 13, 2013, 12:01:20 am »

I'm working on a project that launches in spring 2014.  I'll post details about it here when I'm ready to share more.  In the mean time, I'm researching how to reach the European and Asian markets.  I have no experience with this but my project would benefit greatly by exposure to these markets in addition to my U.S. target.  Unfortunately, I don't have a multi-million dollar marketing budget so I'm looking for ideas that would involve free or inexpensive techniques.

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Justinr

• Ink+images
Re: Marketing to Europe and Asia
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 04:23:17 am »

I'm working on a project that launches in spring 2014.  I'll post details about it here when I'm ready to share more.  In the mean time, I'm researching how to reach the European and Asian markets.  I have no experience with this but my project would benefit greatly by exposure to these markets in addition to my U.S. target.  Unfortunately, I don't have a multi-million dollar marketing budget so I'm looking for ideas that would involve free or inexpensive techniques.

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Are you able to tell us whether you are selling photos or your services? There is not a lot to go on otherwise but a couple of generalities are that 1) Despite the the efforts of the EU Europe is thankfully not yet an amorphous mass of uncritical bodies that may be sold to with any one standard marketing method. 2) The appreciation of photography within society varies greatly between countries, France in particular tends to cherish the craft more than other nations whilst here in Ireland it's not really understood at all.

ian_t

• My Site
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 05:27:52 am »

I run a photography business in Asia. You need to give a lot more info about what you are doing before anyone can give you feedback.

bretedge

• Bret Edge Photography
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 05:56:39 am »

I am selling a product to other photographers, not prints or services.  Does that help at all?  If not, I'll have to do research elsewhere as I'm not ready to release full details yet.  I do appreciate the responses thus far. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up