Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with Adobe cloud updates - "administrator privileges required" failure  (Read 7565 times)

AFairley

I have a PS subscription as well as PS CS6 and LR 5 installed on my Windows 7 machine, so I have the Adobe update icon at the lower right side that appears when updates are available.  But when I click on it, I get a dialog that asks if I want to update Creative Cloud, and when I click yes the install starts, but ultimately fails with an error message that administrative privilges are required.  Which is absurd since I have only one account on the machine which, of course, has administrator privileges.  Nor is there any way to right click on anything and choose "run as administrator."  I even went to the Adobe website and downloaded and installed the latest Creative Cloud application to see if that would fix the problem or give me a shortcut I could right click on to "run as administrator" but it did neither.  Any ideas?

Robert-Peter Westphal

• Nature-Photography Westphal

Hello,

in modern windows , administrator rights do not equal the user administrator. This is a security protection to prevent any evil to act as a real administrator and completly destroy your system.

To make a long story short, simply do a right mouse click on the creative cloud icon and choose 'run as administrator'. This promotes the program to run with full administrative permission.

Good luck Robert
'visit my completly renewed gallery at http://www.naturfotografie-westphal.com '

AFairley

Thanks Robert,  but the problem is that the only Creative Cloud icon anywhere is the one in the notification area, and you can't get "run as admin" by right clicking on that (as I said in my original post).

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com

Start button, All Programs, you'll see it at the top of the list.
Pages: [1]   Go Up