Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: On Tour  (Read 395 times)

seamus finn

On Tour
« on: December 12, 2013, 04:09:57 pm »

I got a sudden rush of blood to the brain tonight and posted a few. They're all probably useless but the posting exercise fulfilled a primitive need.

WalterEG

Re: On Tour
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 04:18:46 pm »

Processional or recessional?  Will we ever know for sure?

Was this harking back to an earlier time with film Seamus?  A spotting brush nightmare if it is.

Such pride and hope on the geezer's dial, while the Theotokos presses on under a hundredweight of beads.

Cheers,

Christoph C. Feldhaim

• There is no rule! No - wait ...
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 04:21:18 pm »

"Get something Yummy for your superstar" - the ikon?
Nice one !

seamus finn

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 05:14:12 pm »

Processional or recessional?  Will we ever know for sure?

Was this harking back to an earlier time with film, Seamus?  A spotting brush nightmare if it is.

Walter, you got it: a blizzard of dust and crud, on maybe Ilford FP4. Those were the days.

At my age, I made a token attempt to deal with the dust problem, but I just don't have the energy any more. However, if I thought the picture had any merit, I would strive, might and main...

Did you ever produce a woefully bad neg cooked in your attic home darkroom as a kid where dust, bugs and scum are born, reared and incubate? I had a darkroom like that. It nearly drove me insane.

But when I was up there, in that self-absorbed space, locked away from the world, when I knew nothing about articulation reticulation and all that other shit, I was a happy man - just me and the sweet fumes of the chemicals, and the long, impatient drug-addicted wait to see an image forming in the developer...

Then along came things like digital cameras and scanners, screwing up that nerd's beautiful illusion forever. After that, there was no hiding place. You could see stuff before you even did it!

Looking at the revealed dust and crud in this picture, I ask myself: am I still drinking the same FUCKING water!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 07:30:21 pm by seamus finn »
Pages: [1]   Go Up