Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bridge  (Read 7324 times)

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
Bridge
« on: December 10, 2013, 09:52:52 am »

Opened up Bridge and edited multiple images successfully. Went back later to edit a few more and while some of the images show in the Bridge folder, some just have the number.nef. Chalked it up to a corrupt file, but the next day they opened fine again, and I edited two more. Today, wanting to finish my edits, I am back to a number.nef again. Anyone have any ideas as to how I can retrieve these files. If they were session shots, I would have immediately duplicated the folder, but these were just for fun.
If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

Chris_Brown

• Smile dammit!
    • Chris Brown Photography
Re: Bridge
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 12:38:35 pm »

Weird occurrence.

What version of Bridge?

Where are you storing the cache files? In each folder, or in a central directory? (this is a preference setting)
~ CB

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 12:59:41 pm »

I keep mine in each folder. It's the newest best version of Bridge 5.02.2.4 and in fact just updated it a few days ago.
If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 01:10:42 pm »

Go figure..they just came back and are now on a portable hard drive. Just a weird anomaly of that batch, I guess.

Chris_Brown

• Smile dammit!
    • Chris Brown Photography
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2013, 06:10:12 pm »

I run the same cache prefs, but when Bridge gets buggy, I locate the global cache folder and delete everything. Bridge functions faster and more stable after that.
~ CB
Pages: [1]   Go Up