Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Back IN the Future...after 40 years of waiting.  (Read 1507 times)

Herb19

• Nature Images in Fine Prints
Back IN the Future...after 40 years of waiting.
« on: November 30, 2013, 07:18:04 am »

Some more dirty pictures here:-)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/leicasonyzeiss/

Telecaster

Re: Back IN the Future...after 40 years of waiting.
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 04:25:01 pm »

Hah! If I were to get either Sony the first thing I'd probably do is blacktape it.   ;)

Anecdote: years ago while in NYC I was taking photos early in the morning in City Hall Park after a sunrise stroll on the Brooklyn Bridge. I had my small Contax Aria, which was blacktaped per my then habit. A woman with a large SLR (this is pre-digital) arrived with an assistant and a male subject/model. While the assistant and model were prepping the woman sat down on the bench where I was also sitting. After a short time she peered at my camera, then at me, then asked, "What camera is that?" Being a smartass I replied, straightfaced, "It's a prototype...secret." I put my index finger up to my lips. She peered at me again, then at the camera, then frowned, then got up without saying a word and went back to her shoot. Having little interest in commercial photography I went back to watching the squirrels scavenging apple cores and candy wrappers. Then some months later I was reading the New York Times online and came upon a profile of this very same woman. It was Amy Arbus, Diane's daughter.   :D

-Dave-

scooby70

Re: Back IN the Future...after 40 years of waiting.
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 04:59:22 pm »

I've recently received an A7 and a lovely thing it is.

I see nothing wrong with the Sony name so no need to tape anything in my case and actually I think the name is a bit more modern than some maybe and at least the camera isn't quite as festooned with logos as some.

And of course it isn't a pretentious badge jobbie at a ridiculous price.

Why some are willing to play inflated prices for humble Japanese consumer electronic cameras that have been given a red dot or a dubious wooden grip I simply can't understand.
Pages: [1]   Go Up