Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Am I Truly Alone?  (Read 1861 times)

William Chitham

Am I Truly Alone?
« on: November 28, 2013, 09:41:27 am »

Sometimes wonder if I have the only z3200 in North West England, a feeling reinforced recently by a couple of things: firstly I phoned a local supplier the other day hoping for a No 73 cartridge to be told that, no, they had none and had sold a grand total of two - EVER! Secondly, the lack of comment on this and other forums about the total unavailability of that special z3200 red in the UK for at least a week now and none expected till 5th December. I'm guessing that if HP made such a cock up in the US there would be a storm of protest.

Justan

• Justan-Elk.com
Re: Am I Truly Alone?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 11:38:01 am »

I have no knowledge of what availability may be like in the UK. I’ve ordered inks from Staples many times and it usually arrives in about 1-2 days. I did a quick Google search and there are Staples stores listed in the UK, but of course that doesn’t mean they have a supply...

RachelleK

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 01:36:50 pm »

Sometimes wonder if I have the only z3200 in North West England, a feeling reinforced recently by a couple of things: firstly I phoned a local supplier the other day hoping for a No 73 cartridge to be told that, no, they had none and had sold a grand total of two - EVER! Secondly, the lack of comment on this and other forums about the total unavailability of that special z3200 red in the UK for at least a week now and none expected till 5th December. I'm guessing that if HP made such a cock up in the US there would be a storm of protest.

Looks like Amazon UK has them in stock with two day delivery.  Prices seem comparable to US prices.

tektrader

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2013, 03:41:53 pm »

No, you are not alone, Its the same here in Australia............  Had to order from the US to get them a reasonable price. Even the local refill companies don't list HP-70's in their material.

Try this guy...  Mario Soria Stamatio     mapio317@gmail.com

He stocks in the USA and is hard to beat on price.

namartinnz

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 12:07:12 am »

I deal with B&H - international delivery, cheaper than NZ anyway

William Chitham

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2013, 06:17:07 am »

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I have spent a couple of hours on the phone trying to track down a cartridge without success. There are always sellers on Amazon, ebay etc claiming to have stock but a phone call usually establishes that, just like everyone else, they actually just buy them from the very few warehouses (only 2 I believe) in the UK that actually do carry stock and they are empty. Still, the boat is due in on the 4th and provided none of my clients want anything red printed I should be able to eke out my 4ml till then.
William.

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2013, 06:57:46 am »

http://www.123inkt.nl/Inkt-cartridges/HP/Cartridge-nummer/HP-Inktcartridges/HP-73-chromatic-red-p13173.html

Dutch and do not go for the Duo package as it is not in stock (anymore). Order some other ones to get P&P price right. The way the pound went up may compensate the posting price. You might find German shops as well.

--
Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
July 2013, 500+ inkjet media white spectral plots.

brianrybolt

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2013, 07:16:44 am »

DPSB in London will have them by Dec 4th.  Go to:  http://dpsb.co.uk  (they are a reliable supplier with decent prices)
Phone:  020 8466 7230

Good luck
Brian

William Chitham

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2013, 03:49:23 am »

Thanks again for all the suggestions, I managed to hang on in the end and the resupply came in to the distributors on the 4th as predicted; I got mine on the 5th. My reseller told me that the distributor he uses, one of only two in the UK, received 100 chromatic reds of which 90 odd went out the same day. Apparently it wasn't just red ink either, there were numerous examples of HP media which simply haven't been available, particularly for latex printers - I'm surprised this wasn't a bigger story, I guess Z users are a stoical bunch!
William.
Pages: [1]   Go Up