Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lumariver HDR: new HDR software with raw-in-raw-out capability  (Read 47496 times)

sniper

Re: Lumariver HDR: new HDR software with raw-in-raw-out capability
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2014, 06:48:56 pm »

+1   :)

torger

« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2014, 02:57:34 am »

Sorry I've been missing out on this thread for a while, but it seems the issues been solved. We've unfortunately not had the time we'd like to make the windows and speeded up version to happen yet, but we're planning to get a maintenance release out with some new camera support etc.

Hening Bettermann

• landshape.net
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2016, 06:28:03 pm »

Hi Torger
I post a problem here, since there does not seem to be much traffic on the Lumariver home forum.
I see a gross color shift between source images and a Lumariver merge, see attached screen shots. Lumariver 1.1.3, Mac OSX 10.9.5. Lumariver mode was 'Merge without ghosting'.
Color space is LargeRGB-elle-V2-g10, a ProPhoto with gamma 1.0.
What is going on? Is there something I've done wrong, or is this just the way it is?
Kind regards - Hening.

torger

« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2016, 06:02:04 am »

Hello Hening,

It's best if you send me a private message, mail me at my private address torger@ludd... or the support address we have on the Lumariver web, as I don't keep my eye on all forums here so I can be slow answering.

The merged result seems clipped by some reason. The best way to help if you send me files so I can rerun the scenario locally. I don't really know what the problem can be from the screenshots.

Hening Bettermann

• landshape.net
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2016, 01:10:05 pm »

Hi Anders,
thank you for your fast reply. I'll try to send files in a couple of days. Right now I'm in a hotel, and the Macbook alerts me that another computer on the wi-fi network is using my IP address, so I dare not stay in that network.
Best regards - Hening.

Hening Bettermann

• landshape.net
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2016, 05:04:11 am »

I have now uploaded the files to Dropbox and entered your above e-mail address, is that OK? I'm not familiar with Drop Box, it says that you can VIEW the files, not sure if that includes download.

torger

« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2016, 02:08:20 am »

Thanks, got the files, tested them and it worked for me just running the defaults, but it could be that you've set the clipping parameter to 0? I've sent an email to you with more details.

Hening Bettermann

• landshape.net
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2016, 03:39:30 pm »

Hi Anders,
thank you for the test you have performed in the meantime, and your PM. Yes indeed, I had set Clipping to 0. I thought I had given the parameters, but see now that I had missed this one.
Given your diagnosis, I have now successfully stacked this image.
Thanks again for your help, and for this fine program as well as DCamProf!
Hening.

dreed

« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2016, 09:17:38 am »

Is there a Windows version of this software yet?

peterwgallagher

« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2016, 01:21:55 am »

I tried a quick test of LumaRiver using three bracketed shots of high-dynamic scenes, handheld, on the ASP-C Ricoh GR (it's quick, easy and produces DNG as native raw format). The images were recorded at <1/200s so although there's probably some hand movement between the images in each bracket, they're not visibly much out of alignment.

I set white balance in LR then exported the DNGs and imported them into LumaRiver using default settings (I also tried using my own DCP for the GR).

The LumaRiver output images showed serious stitching issues easily visible at 1:1, especially misaligned vertical and horizontal edges.

Neither Photoshop nor LightRoom CC HDR merges of the same images showed the same alignment problems (different merging algorithm, I know). But the local quality of the output images (noise in the shadows) was lower than quality of the LumaRiver output images. The un-toned LumaRiver output DNGs were very suitable for tone/contrast curve management in ACR/LR.

Has anyone else seen the stitching problem? Perhaps it's specific to the GR or to small-sensor images.

kirkt

« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2016, 04:14:09 pm »

LumaRiver does not do image alignment - the artifacts you are seeing are probably related to misalignment of the source images.  LumaRiver works fine with my GR.

kirk

peterwgallagher

« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2017, 02:58:03 am »

LumaRiver does not do image alignment

Sure it does.. sort of. On my trial version there's a button on the main dialog that reads "Align". The Manual says that LumaRiver does not align images itself but calls the "align_image_stack" tool in the Hugin distribution if available (it is, on my Mac).

I have since tried several .nef images (not converted, leaving it to LumaRiver to do the demosaicing, or at least to call some other d-m processor). The alignment issues I was having have not reappeared, fortunately.

Still trying to work out a good color-managed workflow with LumaRiver.

PWG

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #52 on: December 25, 2021, 11:29:09 am »

I revive this thread (on this christmas day) to find out if the people who are using Lumariver HD can chime in and can share their experiences with the software.

I did some initial testing and think it works very well.
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up