Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thoughts and advice please  (Read 1946 times)

steveclv

Thoughts and advice please
« on: November 23, 2013, 10:13:01 am »

I have just found a perfect retail shop to open as a gallery but I have a couple of questions that members might be able to answer

We live on an island which has a high tourist traffic during a 8 month summer period and so I am thinking of offering the prints in a number of different ways

1. Fully framed in either a traditional matted frame or a gallery wrap and we will ship it to them - does anyone have experience of shipping fairly large pictures by UPS/Fedex to foreign countries? Packing, costs, insurance claims, damage etc?

2. As a print on paper/canvas rolled up into a tube that they can have framed when they get home - is this feasible? How does the various media travel when rolled? Anything special needed?

3. Is it typical to offer a print at various different sizes that a customer can choose?

I obviously want to maximize the selling opportunities so any thoughts or advice welcomed.

Steve

displayonacrylic

Re: Thoughts and advice please
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 08:07:29 pm »

Hi Steve,

I think you 'd better frame the print well ,and then delivery them to your  customers in different countries. As you know ,if you just send the it with a gallery wrap,it would be very easy to be out of shape ,afterall ,it is just a paper,don't you think so ?
For these poster or picture frames ,as our experience, you should wrap each frame with bubble bag and the several units in a carton box,which is surely filled with some foamflower ,to protect the frame well.it is very safe and good .
And for your third question,i think different customers may have different needs ,some may need 4X6", 5X7",8X10" ,which may be placed on counter top .and some one may need to hange the frame on wall ,they may need large size ,like A4,A3,A2 ,A1 or larger,it is very possble .so i think it would be great for you to provide custom made desgin . 

May you have a great start and good busienss in future.
Good luck.

I have just found a perfect retail shop to open as a gallery but I have a couple of questions that members might be able to answer

We live on an island which has a high tourist traffic during a 8 month summer period and so I am thinking of offering the prints in a number of different ways

1. Fully framed in either a traditional matted frame or a gallery wrap and we will ship it to them - does anyone have experience of shipping fairly large pictures by UPS/Fedex to foreign countries? Packing, costs, insurance claims, damage etc?

2. As a print on paper/canvas rolled up into a tube that they can have framed when they get home - is this feasible? How does the various media travel when rolled? Anything special needed?

3. Is it typical to offer a print at various different sizes that a customer can choose?

I obviously want to maximize the selling opportunities so any thoughts or advice welcomed.

Steve

Hi Ste

Kind regards,
Judeon

nairb

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 11:50:37 pm »

I seem to recall a similar thread not to long ago asking similar questions and one of the replies indicated that your framed/stretched pieces might have import problems into foreign countries due to the wood in the frame. So that might be something to look into. Restrictions on importing/exporting wood products.

Walt Roycraft

• roycraftart
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 04:54:34 pm »

There is a company in Canada called Print Partners, they make the Gallery Wraps along with other services. I do believe they will drop ship the wrap for you.

I think it's feasible but I would prefer print and mat
Yes, various sizes is normal.I would stick to "normal" sizes so they won't need a custom made frame.

Best wishes

Steve
Walter Roycraft
http://www.roycraftart.c

steveclv

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2013, 05:41:24 pm »

Thanks all

I'll look into the issues - just signed the lease on the store so all of a sudden it became very 'real' ;)

Pages: [1]   Go Up