Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon 600mm IS f/4 L lens with Wimberley plate, drop in polarizer, & hard case  (Read 1286 times)

Larry Marshall

Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 9+ Shows little or no signs of wear
Price: $6900
Shipping instructions: I anticipate that shipping and insurance for the 600 will cost a lot. How about we split this cost

I bought this lens new from B&H a few years ago to shoot birds. Well, that never happened! I have used it a few times to shoot the moon and a few other things, but it has been sitting in its case for several years without being used. I can't find a single chip or scratch on the body! Glass looks completely free of dust. Just look at the photos and you can tell that it looks like new.

Included is the lens, lens shade, soft lens cover, hard case, Wimberley plate, and a drop in polarizer that also has never been used.

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION:
From the Manufacturer
An outstanding professional lens for bridging distances in sports, wildlife, and many other applications--including commercial and fashion for the distinct "compressed" telephoto character and totally out-of-focus backgrounds its images can possess. Fluorite and UD glass are combined for incredible image quality, even wide-open. Image Stabilization adds a new dimension in this long lens usefulness, even in marginal lighting. It works beautifully with both 1.4x II and 2x II extenders, and now focuses as close as 17.5 feet/5.4 m. It has the same weather-resistant gaskets and sealed focusing and focus pre-set rings as Canon's other Image Stabilized super-telephoto lenses.
A super telephoto lens can make an ordinary scene into an extraordinary one. Its ability to see surpasses that of the human eye. It can compress images and make them look as if they come from another dimension. It opens up new realms of photographic expression. All EF super telephoto lenses are L-series lenses to provide the highest quality. The USM provides quiet and high-speed autofocusing. These lenses promise outstanding delineation and put your imagination to the test.

This lens is ideal for sports and wildlife photography. The newly designed optical system has one fluorite element and two UD-glass elements to obtain high resolution and high contrast. Also, the minimum focusing distance was reduced to18 ft. (5.5m). Extender EF 2x II can be attached to increase the focal length to 1200mm while retaining AF (at the center focusing point with the EOS-1v and EOS-3). Specifications:Focal Length & Maximum Aperture: 600mm 1:4.0 Lens Construction: 17 elements in 13 groups Diagonal Angle of View: 4ยบ 10' Focus Adjustment: Inner focusing system with USM Closest Focusing Distance: 5.5m / 18 ft.; Filter Size: 52mm Drop-In Max. Diameter x Length, Weight: 6.6" x 18.0", 11.8 lbs./ 168.0 x 456.0mm, 5,360g
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 05:39:10 pm by Larry Marshall »

Larry Marshall

Additional photos

NancyP

drool.....
I would need to bulk up my upper body muscles and my wallet - I haven't shot with this and don't know if I could handhold it for BIF.
Pages: [1]   Go Up