Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to accurately capture color with Foveon sensors?  (Read 1060 times)

MrSmith27

How to accurately capture color with Foveon sensors?
« on: November 13, 2013, 08:11:49 pm »

Hi,

I use a Sigma DP2M and just bought a DP3M (thanks to the encouragement in this forum!). Obviously the image quality is stunning, yet I can't get my GretagMacbeth card to work with Sigma's software. So in a way I never really know how correct the color is I'm capturing. This became especially evident recently in Iceland when I changed the white balance at some point: Both series of pictures, first blueish, then greenish seem right yet, one must be correct and the other one not.

Any suggestions?

Fine_Art

Re: How to accurately capture color with Foveon sensors?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 08:30:12 pm »

Take a shot of your color checker when you do your shoot. Each color is a known tuple R,G,B so you can adjust your images by setting that image to the numbers specified via adjustment. Then copy those settings to the rest of your images in the same light.

MrSmith27

Re: How to accurately capture color with Foveon sensors?
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 08:37:45 pm »

Take a shot of your color checker when you do your shoot. Each color is a known tuple R,G,B so you can adjust your images by setting that image to the numbers specified via adjustment. Then copy those settings to the rest of your images in the same light.

it's practically impossible to adjust for 18 color variables without some software. but since foveon is x3f it simply won't work.
Pages: [1]   Go Up