Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 07/07/2013  (Read 1534 times)

Riaan van Wyk

07/07/2013
« on: November 12, 2013, 01:04:15 pm »

Thoughts please?

Christoph C. Feldhaim

• There is no rule! No - wait ...
Re: 07/07/2013
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 03:12:24 pm »

First I think you did well with the exposure time - I like the way the waves are represented.
Second - I think you could get rid of most of the sky (but not all) - it doesn't add much and competes with the waves.
If this makes your aspect ratio too wide you might want to crop a bit from the left and right - but thats dangerous - there are many beautiful colors.
Third- since this is possibly more an abstract than a naturalistic photograph I'd mess with it:
Color, tones, detail - pull the registers to exaggerate the message - the image allows it IMO.
Room to play !

« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 03:14:13 pm by Christoph C. Feldhaim »

langier

• Celebrating Rural America, the Balkans and beyond
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 07:59:05 pm »

Great image well done with good color! Just needs fine-tuning, IMO. Some burning upper left to keep the eye from wondering and a little dodging on the waves to make them pop.
Larry Angier
ASMP, ACT, & many more! @sacred_icons
https://angier-fox.photoshelter.com

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 12:57:23 am »

First I think you did well with the exposure time - I like the way the waves are represented.
Second - I think you could get rid of most of the sky (but not all) - it doesn't add much and competes with the waves.
If this makes your aspect ratio too wide you might want to crop a bit from the left and right - but thats dangerous - there are many beautiful colors.
Third- since this is possibly more an abstract than a naturalistic photograph I'd mess with it:
Color, tones, detail - pull the registers to exaggerate the message - the image allows it IMO.
Room to play !
I agree.  I'd remove about half the sky - the clouds are interesting and the waves are interesting, but they cause the eye to bounce back and forth.  Nicely done!

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

francois

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 03:05:51 am »

I'm with Mike but I think that darkening the sky might be enough [vs cropping]. The real show is not the sky.
Other that, it's a beautiful image.
Francois

Riaan van Wyk

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 02:07:34 pm »

Thank you all for looking, it's appreciated.
Pages: [1]   Go Up