Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: proprietary player :(  (Read 3119 times)

Gianmarcom

proprietary player :(
« on: November 03, 2013, 03:40:24 pm »

I just bought the capture one 7 guide, reading the page at http://www.luminous-landscape.com/videos/c1_7.shtml I got the impression that they could be played on a standard media player software! had I known that I would have had to install your proprietary player I'm not sure I would have bought it! I suggest you correct the page to avoid  misunderstandings
I use a number of computers including Linux(not supported), your windows version at least under windows 8 is extremely buggy crashes often(yes I have read the support site) and my machine works perfectly for files that do not need your clunky player. From what I managed to see your videos are very informative, but your player really sucks, it does not even open properly I have to resize the window manually every time because it knocks half of the window off screen, while I understand that you need to protect your intellectual property, you could have chosen to do so with better software

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
Re: proprietary player :(
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 05:18:27 pm »

Sorry you are having problems. We will try and sort them for you. I have asked the tech support folk to look into your comments.

In the meantime, if you would like to download the standard video files from our legacy store, just send me a PM with your email and I will send you a coupon for a no-cost download

Chris Sanderson

Gianmarcom

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 06:23:50 pm »

thanks for you're quick reply, I sent you a pm as requested

Gianmarcom

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 04:22:24 am »

thank you I downloaded all the files and things seem to be working very well, how do I uninstall the other player there seems to be no option to do so and no mention on how to do it on the help website

gfioravanti

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 01:53:20 pm »

We apologize for the trouble you're encountering with the other player!

What resolution is your monitor?  And can you describe what is happening when you experience the crashing?

Thanks,
Grace

Gianmarcom

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 03:01:35 pm »

At the moment I'm not having issues because you let me download the "standard" files  ;D. The problems I had where frequent lockups, the program freezing on close, the videos launching with half of the video off screen(something I notice quicktime does, even on other pc's). the resolution on the pc that I used was 1280x800 on a 10 day old fresh install of windows 8.1. the other problem I had was not being able to view the videos on my linux pc's, something I can now do  ;D.
By the way how do I remove the player there seems to be no un-install option, very strange for 2013 ???, is deleting the prog folder enough? of will it leave pieces all over the place?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 03:18:06 pm by Gianmarcom »
Pages: [1]   Go Up