Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where to find court info on 'press access' for Blogs & Internet sites?  (Read 3969 times)


  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 191

Here in North Dakota the High School Activities Assn refuses to issue press passes or access passes to internet reporting sites and reps.

We have a High School Sports site that covers the State, has reporting spots with a number of radio stations and does a good job. Can't get access passes for tournaments.

We have BEK sports TV broadcast network. A cable network that broadcasts a few hundred games a year. They also broadcast a State Tournament last year - and all their camera operators and people had to PAY to get into the venuw - the Assn would not issue passes - even tho BEK PAID the High School Assn for broadcast rights to the event.

I know some States have already been through this. Where do I find information on court cases and policies so we can put it together to present to our State association? Would like to do that before hitting them with a few dozen open records requests prior to filing legal action to get this squared away.


  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 28
Re: Where to find court info on 'press access' for Blogs & Internet sites?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 10:15:30 am »


By far and away, your best bet is to check with Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts. A group that specializes in this sort of thing. If you contact a nearby office, they should be able to find a lawyer or law student who can help you. In my experience, a member - or the boss or professor of a member - can make a phone call or write a letter and set things right in a matter of minutes.

Best of luck and have many future great shoots!
Pages: [1]   Go Up