Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Down

Author Topic: Digital Nikon FM2 on his way  (Read 60511 times)

TMARK

Re: Digital Nikon FM2 on his way
« Reply #260 on: November 08, 2013, 02:42:50 pm »

YES!!!

Yeah, the DTLA ally meme with the non-models and Calumet reflector is rough.  You like a Dutch angles?  We got a Dutch angle.  You like bricks?  We got a brick wall, with some graffiti.  You like the sale rack at the TJ Max in Baldwin Hills?  We got that wardrobe, AND an MUA with a shitty kit full of liquid base two tones darker than the models actual skin tone.  

The Flickr pics are innocent and bad, which is better.  I guess.

No the samples they should take off are on their own site and while all the camera companies are at it, stop sponsoring the orange skin tone portrait tour, or the guys in the LA alley doing a "professional" photo shoot with two c grade models and a flexible gold reflector.

Really.

IMO

BC

TMARK

« Reply #261 on: November 08, 2013, 02:45:21 pm »

I can get that LEAF tone, but with an M9.  I can get a tone I like with the D800, but it takes time.  I can use Portra, but come on, I don't have anyone paying for a lab.

What makes me sick is the realization that, gulp, the S2 is the camera I need, but will not buy.  At least new.

Orange, unless you make your own profile in iridient developer or suffer through that nick software.

Your looking for your leaf skin tones and that's not going to happen with Nikon, unless you roll your own.

BC

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
« Reply #262 on: November 08, 2013, 03:04:17 pm »

These fat little cameras kind of grow on me, like an 6x7 pentax, just smaller.
I recall seeing photos of those and thinking wow that's massive and now 35mm DSLRs are about that size!

The upside is, everybody has a bunch of old nikon glass laying around.
None here. Some lovely old OM lenses though.
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

LKaven

« Reply #263 on: November 08, 2013, 04:17:06 pm »

BC, find me a light source these days that's Kelvin Clean (and I don't mean the designer of tight jeans), and we'll try to get you some skin tones.  Seriously, the Exmor does a great job with skin tones.  I might give the edge a bit to the D3x over the D800, believe it or not, but the D800 is pretty good smack. 

TMARK

« Reply #264 on: November 08, 2013, 06:01:37 pm »

D800 color is very accurate. It looks good in NX.

BC, find me a light source these days that's Kelvin Clean (and I don't mean the designer of tight jeans), and we'll try to get you some skin tones.  Seriously, the Exmor does a great job with skin tones.  I might give the edge a bit to the D3x over the D800, believe it or not, but the D800 is pretty good smack. 
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Up