Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: LuLa Subscription - Purple Player bugs  (Read 25866 times)

dwnelson

LuLa Subscription - Purple Player bugs
« on: October 16, 2013, 12:17:37 am »

First of all, bravo on setting up a streaming, subscription based service. Now I can actually watch on my iPad without a huge headache and hours of file transfers!

Not all is smooth however. I can't get the Costa Rica video to load in LLVJ 11 - all other clips in that journal load. It won't work with my iPad 3 running the iOS7 Purple Player app, and it won't run on my 2011 Macbook Air running OS X 10.7.5 and Safari 6.0.5. It says "Error loading media: File could not be played."

Sometimes the video will just pause in the iOS app. This happens pretty frequently - about every 10 to 20 minutes of video. To restart, I have to tap back to the list of all available streaming videos, tap back on the video I want, and then it starts back up again where it paused. I'm not sure if this is a memory issue in my iPad 3 or something with the service.

I appreciate your efforts in working out the kinks.

Harald L

Re: LuLa Subscription - Purple Player bugs
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 05:24:02 am »

Could add a bug on OS-X 10.8.5: After a while the video-image freezes or stutters while the audio continues.

Harald
Glad to be an amateur

gfioravanti

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 02:27:30 pm »

Sorry for the issue you encountered with the Costa Rica video!  We are looking into this now and will re-upload this video.

In terms of streaming on your iPad, are you on WiFi when you're streaming?

Also, if you download the videos to your computer, you can transfer to your iPad for offline viewing and then you wouldn't encounter the buffer issue.

Thanks,
Grace

gfioravanti

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 10:32:37 pm »

Not all is smooth however. I can't get the Costa Rica video to load in LLVJ 11 - all other clips in that journal load. It won't work with my iPad 3 running the iOS7 Purple Player app, and it won't run on my 2011 Macbook Air running OS X 10.7.5 and Safari 6.0.5. It says "Error loading media: File could not be played."

This chapter has been fixed.  Please refresh the player, and please let me know if you run into any other issues.

Thanks,
Grace

dwnelson

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 02:24:13 am »

The Costa Rica video is up and running!

My iPad has WiFi only. The web-based player has been working well.

These videos are great and well worth it.

Bri@n

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2013, 01:47:07 pm »

Problem with mobile viewing..
I installed the application on my Win & PC and I can download and playback and stream via browser with no problem. I installed the app on my Samsung Galaxy SII (SGSII), model SGH-T989 running android 4.1.2. I followed instructions to download content. I open the Purplr player folder on the SGSII and I could see where all the files were added alongside the log file.

I can see the downloaded content in the player on the SGSII with the check mark, the other content is marked with a white cloud. When I attempt to play the downloaded content the player goes dark and stays that way. I have tried to view the LL Video Journal 6 and the LL Advanced Guide to LR5. I have also tried streaming the content through the mobile browser, it is very unstable. It works sometimes but not always. I ave the same problem with another android device that I own.

Has anyone else had any problems with android?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 01:50:30 pm by Bri@n »

gfioravanti

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2013, 05:09:20 pm »

Sorry for the trouble you're having!

With the videos that you're having trouble playing, are you able to stream those and see the video?

Thanks,
Grace

Bri@n

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2013, 09:55:15 pm »

I was able stream the videos before I down loaded the purple app and videos to my phone. It was very choppy, could have been my connection. streaming through my mobile browser no longer works. I now get the following "Error loading Media: File could not be played"

Thanks,
Brian
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 10:00:32 pm by Bri@n »

gfioravanti

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2013, 09:05:04 pm »

Is this occurring with all your products?

dwnelson

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2013, 10:39:51 pm »

Sometimes the video will just pause in the iOS app. This happens pretty frequently - about every 10 to 20 minutes of video. To restart, I have to tap back to the list of all available streaming videos, tap back on the video I want, and then it starts back up again where it paused. I'm not sure if this is a memory issue in my iPad 3 or something with the service.

For my WiFi-only iPad 3 running iOS 7.0.2 and the purple:player app (v1.0.0), all videos consistently stop at about the 12:00 mark. If the video was more than double that duration, then it would stop at exactly double of that duration. For example, in Video 2 of the Cinematography for Photographers tutorial, the iPad video would pause at 12:21. When restarted as described above, it would pause again at 24:42. In Video 8, it paused at 12:35 and again at 25:10.

This regularity makes me suspect that this is all the hardware the iPad 3 will allow, but who knows? Maybe the app has limited the buffer to prevent crashes.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 10:41:34 pm by dwnelson »

gfioravanti

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2013, 10:42:39 pm »

Can you try streaming through this player here?
http://player.platformpurple.com

Does the same thing occur?

dwnelson

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2013, 11:30:09 pm »

Can you try streaming through this player here?
http://player.platformpurple.com

Does the same thing occur?

As stated in an earlier post on this thread, the streaming player in OS X 10.8.5 works great regardless of the duration of the video. Only the iPad 3 running the purple:player app has the problem I describe above. Should I try the streaming with the iOS 7 version of Safari?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 11:33:01 pm by dwnelson »

gfioravanti

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2013, 11:38:10 pm »

Yes, sorry.  I mean the streaming player in the iOS browser.  Can you see if the same issue occurs?

dwnelson

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2013, 11:50:10 pm »

Yes, sorry.  I mean the streaming player in the iOS browser.  Can you see if the same issue occurs?

I have tried several videos using the streaming player in the iOS browser. All I see are spinning gears as if the video is loading, but never gets there. It appears that the iOS browser doesn't work at all.

Update: every video I tried in a 2011 HD production (Cinematography) doesn't load, but standard definition old videos like LLVJ 1 seem to work okay on the iOS browser. At least they load, I haven't gotten to the 12 minute mark yet. Perhaps it's another bandwidth issue?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 11:54:02 pm by dwnelson »

Bri@n

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2013, 03:29:06 pm »

I can watch videos on my WIN 7 PC.

gfioravanti

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2013, 05:03:26 pm »

Okay, we are checking this out now, and we'll post back as soon as possible.

gfioravanti

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2013, 08:36:46 pm »

I have tried several videos using the streaming player in the iOS browser. All I see are spinning gears as if the video is loading, but never gets there. It appears that the iOS browser doesn't work at all.

Update: every video I tried in a 2011 HD production (Cinematography) doesn't load, but standard definition old videos like LLVJ 1 seem to work okay on the iOS browser. At least they load, I haven't gotten to the 12 minute mark yet. Perhaps it's another bandwidth issue?

Can you try streaming these videos again through the app?  I believe we have fixed this.

Thanks!

dwnelson

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2013, 11:52:09 am »

The player works well now - it no longer hangs at the 12-13 minute mark like it used to. Thanks!

I like these videos so much I'm running through almost all of them. Please check the following videos, I believe I have found a couple more bugs:

1) It hangs at the Steve Johnson interview in LLVJ 10, at the 37:22 mark. This happens on my iPad running the purple player app as well as my browser (Safari 7.0 in OS X 10.9).
2) The video won't load for Yellowstone in Winter in LLVJ 10. This is on both my iPad and in Safari
3) The Winter Shooting in Quebec segment in LLVJ is only 1:27 long, and the first few seconds seems like an abrupt transition, and it seems like the video ends abruptly as well. I would imagine that the actual segment is much longer.

Thanks!
Dan
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 11:54:20 am by dwnelson »

gfioravanti

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2013, 01:59:36 pm »

Sorry about the issues with these particular videos!  We are looking into this right away.

gfioravanti

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2013, 10:56:40 pm »

Sorry again for the trouble you had!  Can you please try these chapters again?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up