Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Why the camera industry is in decline?  (Read 20997 times)

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
Re: Why the camera industry is in decline?
« Reply #80 on: November 25, 2013, 09:52:56 am »

Words were enough when they were carefully crafted and understood in context, often including an existing relationship.

When we're just dashing stuff out on the internet, and being read by someone who may or may not remember what we said a few minutes ago, and may or may not remember that we said it, smilies and other devices are useful.
Very true. Though I actually take try and take time to read and reread posts in before responding to try and avoid misunderstandings, but some people's writing skills defy correct parsing at times and emoticons are very useful devices to help avoiding misunderstandings.
Though from previous discussions with Justin which give some context, I'm of a mind to think he was being quite literal and not in the slightest bit 'ironic'. A claim made methinks to back down from his snooty comments.
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

jjj

« Reply #81 on: November 25, 2013, 09:55:12 am »

And you strike me as a total twat, but that's life eh!
So is this you being ironic again? I cannot tell due to my poor reading skills and the lack of smilies.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 10:18:23 am by jjj »

Justinr

• Ink+images
« Reply #82 on: November 25, 2013, 09:55:41 am »

Ah yes, the good old days where everything was better than the scummy, badly dressed and uneducated time us illiterates currently live in.
An absurd stance, used by deluded people who have no back up to their argument and who ignore how much better things are now and that people despite fashion and technology changes are no different from previous times.

Most Extra Virgin oil is only labelled as such Rob, the reality is shall we say more tawdry.

Its what you choose to believe in, and I'm talking about values rather than religions.

Just as each generation thinks it's the first to discover sex so they also think that the world they create around themselves is superior to what went before. In many ways that may be so, but it's not always the case as you will come to appreciate as time passes.

Justinr

• Ink+images
« Reply #83 on: November 25, 2013, 09:56:44 am »

So is this you being ironic again? I cannot tell do to my poor reading skills and the lack of smilies.

:D :D :D :D :D

Happy now?

jjj

« Reply #84 on: November 25, 2013, 10:17:13 am »

Its what you choose to believe in, and I'm talking about values rather than religions.
No faith involved on my part, just boring facts. But if you think World Wars, no vaccines, no decent fertilisers, no proper health care or anaesthetics/antibiotics, systematic slavery, serfdom and so on made for better times then carry on on being deluded. Admittedly some countries are further along the progress curve than others, but more are improving as time goes on and as overall poverty decreases.

Just as each generation thinks it's the first to discover sex so they also think that the world they create around themselves is superior to what went before. In many ways that may be so, but it's not always the case as you will come to appreciate as time passes.
I never thought any particular generation discovered sex, nor do I think all new items are automatically good. And if you could read half as well as you can think, you'd have seen that I never claimed that. Pointing out that the past was in fact a bit grim and not all roses, doesn't mean I therefore think all new stuff is therefore wonderful.

BJL

« Reply #85 on: November 25, 2013, 10:21:15 am »

Just as each generation thinks it's the first to discover sex so they also think that the world they create around themselves is superior to what went before.
To which I am tempted to add "and as they age, they also think that the world they created, and became comfortable in, is superior to what comes after" -- but glib intergenerational fanboyism does not help this discussion.

Justinr

• Ink+images
« Reply #86 on: November 25, 2013, 10:23:08 am »

No faith involved on my part, just boring facts. But if you think World Wars, no vaccines, no decent fertilisers, no proper health care or anaesthetics/antibiotics, systematic slavery, serfdom and so on made for better times then carry on on being deluded. Admittedly some countries are further along the progress curve than others, but more are improving as time goes on and as overall poverty decreases.
I never thought any particular generation discovered sex, nor do I think all new items are automatically good. And if you could read half as well as you can think, you'd have seen that I never claimed that. Pointing out that the past was in fact a bit grim and not all roses, doesn't mean I therefore think all new stuff is therefore wonderful.

Actually, I've just finished a series of articles for a magazine over here looking at the advent of IT in agriculture and explaining current and new uses for GPS, yield mapping, ISOBUS etc etc. All in very positive terms. Might I suggest that you would perhaps consider your primary comment a little ill advised should you ever get to see them.

jjj

« Reply #87 on: November 25, 2013, 10:25:54 am »

And you strike me as a total twat, but that's life eh!
So is this you being ironic again? I cannot tell due to my poor reading skills and the lack of smilies.

Happy now?
Point. Missed. Entirely.
It was extremely obvious you were simply being quite rude.

jjj

« Reply #88 on: November 25, 2013, 10:36:02 am »

Actually, I've just finished a series of articles for a magazine over here looking at the advent of IT in agriculture and explaining current and new uses for GPS, yield mapping, ISOBUS etc etc. All in very positive terms. Might I suggest that you would perhaps consider your primary comment a little ill advised should you ever get to see them.
Well in that case, your articles will support my stance that things are better now.

And not sure why I should reconsider my 'primary comment', as it was this...
5D to 5DII was a no brainer upgrade, wheras I know people who'd rather a II than a III, as they prefer the look over the minor ergonomic improvements which seemed to be all there was to a lot of people. 
Or are you just struggling with words again? Maybe you should read some more books.  ;D

jjj

« Reply #89 on: November 25, 2013, 10:39:00 am »

To which I am tempted to add "and as they age, they also think that the world they created, and became comfortable in, is superior to what comes after" -- but glib intergenerational fanboyism does not help this discussion.
But that is the stance some people take sadly. And even worse confuse it with facts.

Justinr

• Ink+images
« Reply #90 on: November 25, 2013, 10:40:09 am »

Go right ahead, say it. There are many benefits of the modern world, I like clean food and jet travel but I also despair at the lack of privacy and wholesale rape of web content for commercial purposes. In fact the civilian application of the internet is a classic example of the degradation of a noble idea. A decade or so ago it was there mainly for the exchange of information between interested parties and there was much to be learned from it, now it is far shallower in the knowledge it transmits but much broader in its appeal which is fair enough, but from my point of view it is a lot less useful that it once was, or promised to be, all those years ago and I mourn that passing of what could have been. Call me what you will, it only goes to illustrate how a forum for discussion can so easily regress to an arena for shouting.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 10:42:39 am by Justinr »

Justinr

• Ink+images
« Reply #91 on: November 25, 2013, 10:41:40 am »

Well in that case, your articles will support my stance that things are better now.

And not sure why I should reconsider my 'primary comment', as it was this...Or are you just struggling with words again? Maybe you should read some more books.  ;D

Now stop being silly. It was the primary comment in the post I was replying to as I'm sure you are aware.

Justinr

• Ink+images
« Reply #92 on: November 25, 2013, 10:46:02 am »

Happy now?
Point. Missed. Entirely.
It was extremely obvious you were simply being quite rude.

Don't you have anything better to do? You strike me as someone still unsure as to their role in life so making up arguments on fora is all that you can find to bring you fulfilment.

amolitor

« Reply #93 on: November 25, 2013, 10:59:44 am »

Is there something in the water here at LuLa Forums lately?

jjj

« Reply #94 on: November 25, 2013, 11:01:42 am »

Now stop being silly. It was the primary comment in the post I was replying to as I'm sure you are aware.
Seeing as posts in forums are also referred to as comments. You were not exactly being accurate with your English, yet again. I now guessing what you should have written was 'first sentence'.
And either way, your reply only supports my point about the past not being so rosy.

jjj

« Reply #95 on: November 25, 2013, 11:04:00 am »

Don't you have anything better to do? You strike me as someone still unsure as to their role in life so making up arguments on fora is all that you can find to bring you fulfilment.
Sorry, I didn't realise mocking your rudeness, was in fact making up an argument.
Forum debates are simply an entertaining diversion as a break from actual work.
And I like to see alternative points of views from my own.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 11:07:35 am by jjj »

jjj

« Reply #96 on: November 25, 2013, 11:07:00 am »

Is there something in the water here at LuLa Forums lately?
Seems to be a lot of rude and belligerent posts at moment. Usually made by people who like to criticise other's writing skills whilst demonstrating a rather loose grasp of English in their own posts/rants.

Justinr

• Ink+images
« Reply #97 on: November 25, 2013, 11:09:33 am »

Seems to be a lot of rude and belligerent posts at moment. Usually made by people who like to criticise other's writing skills whilst demonstrating a rather loose grasp of English in their own posts/rants.

I'm quite getting the hang of these smiley things.

Justinr

• Ink+images
« Reply #98 on: November 25, 2013, 11:11:19 am »

Seeing as posts in forums are also referred to as comments. You were not exactly being accurate with your English, yet again. I now guessing what you should have written was 'first sentence'.
And either way, your reply only supports my point about the past not being so rosy.

Let us know when your balls drop.

amolitor

« Reply #99 on: November 25, 2013, 11:18:48 am »

My advice is to take it to PMs, starting immediately. I'm reporting this thread right now.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up