Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why can't I import these files  (Read 2032 times)

sanfairyanne

Why can't I import these files
« on: October 12, 2013, 08:07:29 am »

I have a panorama with exposures for normal -2 +2, I imported the files to Photoshop and created one file for the under, one for the normal and one for the over exposed images.
I then tried to re-import them to Lightroom but the files are greyed out and I can't import them.

I unticked the checkbox ''do not import suspected duplicates'' but they are still greyed out.

Does anyone know why ? I'm sure it's just one of those checkbox issues.

Many thanks in advance.

sanfairyanne

Re: Why can't I import these files
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 08:24:10 am »

I just figured out that if I rename my images ''irritating bullshit Lightroom'' I can import them but if they are named as shown in the screengrab they won't import even though I have unchecked the ''don't import suspected duplicates''.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 09:01:37 am »

Try removing the + , % and "." characters. Maybe Lightroom has incorrectly rejected them as duplicates for that reason, maybe not, but in general it's not a great idea to include non-alphanumeric characters in filenames. Sooner or later it'll waste a chunk of time figuring out why something isn't working or why something is missing.

sanfairyanne

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2013, 09:12:53 am »

Thanks that works (sorry Adobe) I changed out the + and the hyphen and now it imports. I guess that's typical to computers and nothing to do with Lightroom.

Thanks for helping.
Pages: [1]   Go Up