Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: new Lula video offer  (Read 16835 times)

Robert-Peter Westphal

• Nature-Photography Westphal
Re: new Lula video offer
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2013, 03:41:51 am »

Hello Chris,

when I decide to go with the individual downloads, because I already own many of the videos I'm interested in, will I have access to he same stuff as the people going with the subscription at the same time ? Or does this mean that you publish single videos for the subscribers, and  then put it all together quarterly or half-yearly to a nice package like the old LLVJ ?

Many thanks for not getting tired answering my boring questions !

Robert
'visit my completly renewed gallery at http://www.naturfotografie-westphal.com '

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2013, 10:56:03 am »

No. If you do not subscribe you will only have access to the videos that you purchase. Obviously nothing 'happens' to the video files you already own...

Yes, there will be single videos published. There may also be small videos published that non-subscribers may not have access to for a while as a standalone download.

Rick Popham

• http://
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2013, 08:49:10 pm »

I am not sure why you might want to view them on the new system...they are the same videos in fact.

So, no there is no ability to 'credit' already-purchased videos. Tha would be a redundancy and also nightmarish to administer & manage.

Chris

Ok, I was just wondering.

Rick

Harald L

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2013, 06:48:35 am »

I've just ordered the subscription but I don't see it as a fee for watching those videos only.

I'm a frequent reader of LuLa for many years and when I've switched from wet dark room to photoshop I've learned most of the new nuts and bolts from LuLa. Furthermore LuLa's discussion forum is the most civilized and skilled community in the internet I've got to know so far. That's why I am really grateful for all the valuable support Michael and his team delivers.

Having said this I consider my 150 bucks per year as a donation for publishing this outstanding web-site. Compared to the budget I spend for my passion this price seems more than fair to me.

Harald
Glad to be an amateur

michael

« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2013, 08:58:16 am »

Harald,

Would that there were more like you.

Thanks!

Michael

Harald L

« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2013, 11:05:31 am »

two questions:

1) LuLa-Video-App on MacOSX produces significant CPU-load (6-10%) in the background. Is this behavior intended?
2) Where does the app store downloaded videos?

TIA

Harald
Glad to be an amateur

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2013, 11:44:05 am »

Probably best to use the comprehensive help site where this is all detailed

On a Mac, the videos are buried in ~/Library/ApplicationSupport/PurplePlayer/...

They can be moved to another connected drive if you want - you simply have to move all the files & folders. But check that help site for better and more detailed information.

I imagine the bg activity playing the videos is the processor decode of GOP video using the H264 codec

darr

« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2013, 10:50:56 pm »

I subscribed and have enjoyed the C1 video tutorials for sure. But, I watched them on my WIN workstation and now I am on my Mac Pro and I went to the APP Store and did a search for platform: purple and purple platform and there is no video player download showing up. I also went to platform: purple's web site and no download area for player as well. I went to the LULA store where I purchased my subscription and cannot find a link there to download the video player. Can anybody help me get the video player on my Mac Pro?

gfioravanti

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2013, 02:33:06 pm »

On your Mac, you can download the Luminous Landscape player here:
http://leapingbrain.com/installers/modmachine/tll_installer.zip

And on your iOS devices like iPad or iPhone, you can transfer your downloaded videos for offline viewing:
http://platformpurple.com/help/how-do-i-transfer-my-videos-to-my-ios-device-using-itunes/

Thanks,
Grace

W.T. Jones

• W.T. Jones LLC
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2013, 06:46:50 pm »

I've just ordered the subscription but I don't see it as a fee for watching those videos only.

I'm a frequent reader of LuLa for many years and when I've switched from wet dark room to photoshop I've learned most of the new nuts and bolts from LuLa. Furthermore LuLa's discussion forum is the most civilized and skilled community in the internet I've got to know so far. That's why I am really grateful for all the valuable support Michael and his team delivers.

Having said this I consider my 150 bucks per year as a donation for publishing this outstanding web-site. Compared to the budget I spend for my passion this price seems more than fair to me.

Harald

Harald,

You just woke me up to something that had been simmering in the back of my mind for some time, I just did not know it. Because of Mike & Jeff (Seth too) with their reasonably priced tutorials on Lightroom, Photoshop and printing, I was able to learn how to make use those programs and make fabulous prints in no time flat with relatively little expense. The material they put out would take many years of experience to gather on your own. I have this metal block about subscriptions until just now when I read your post. You are right.
The Video Journals allow me inexpensively to see the world without leaving my home, to go places I cannot afford both time & money wise. I forget about the articles that are free for the asking about nearly any subject photographic. The insight & reviews published here are of great value, also free. The help & tutelage you receive on the forums from industry professionals, also Free, Andrew Rodney, Jeff Schewe & Eric Chan are some names that come to mind, not to mention the various talented photographers that post regularly ... Priceless.  Damn, here I was worried about being disappointed in another post. Shame on me. It is a bargain at the price. I shudder to think how many times I blew $150 on meaningless crap. Thanks for waking me up Harald.

On another note, I started in on the new Capture One video. Once I figured out how this purple people eater player thingy works. I like what I see so far & I only have viewed the first two chapters.

Cheers

Warren

darr

« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2013, 08:56:14 am »

On your Mac, you can download the Luminous Landscape player here:
http://leapingbrain.com/installers/modmachine/tll_installer.zip

And on your iOS devices like iPad or iPhone, you can transfer your downloaded videos for offline viewing:
http://platformpurple.com/help/how-do-i-transfer-my-videos-to-my-ios-device-using-itunes/

Thanks,
Grace

Thank you!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up