Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Clarification request on LL CO7 video tutorial  (Read 4021 times)

ario

Clarification request on LL CO7 video tutorial
« on: October 08, 2013, 04:00:25 am »

On the video n°10, while illustrating the use to the "base characteristic" tool tab, in the list of the available curves a "portrait" curve was shown which I have never seen before. Is it available only for certain cameras, such as the Nikon 800 used in that demonstration?

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
Re: Clarification request on LL CO7 video tutorial
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 10:31:02 am »

On the video n°10, while illustrating the use to the "base characteristic" tool tab, in the list of the available curves a "portrait" curve was shown which I have never seen before. Is it available only for certain cameras, such as the Nikon 800 used in that demonstration?

Hi Ario,

The curves can depend a little on the cameras.

David

David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

Alun

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 04:44:56 am »

Hi,

Sorry to crash this thread but as its been answered, I also have a question on the tutorial video.

Regarding the soft-proofing segment, Michael states that he creates a Clone Variant, applies the printer icc profile to that image so that on screen there's a "before and after" view that you can make changes to align them for printing as in Lightroom. I've watched the video several times and checked and unchecked numerous options (such as "Edit All Selected Variants") and can only get C1 to apply the new icc profile to ALL the shots in the catalog and not just the Variant. As it went unchallenged in the video, I'm guessing that its me who's got settings wrong rather than this is not an option in Capture One?

Thanks in advance
Alun

wattsies

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 10:21:34 pm »

Unfortunately I think the video got it wrong, but I'd be pleased to be corrected.

FMueller

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 12:35:34 am »

My observation is the same as yours. Watched the tutorial twice. Worked in the software. Softproofing applies to every image.

Unfortunately I think the video got it wrong, but I'd be pleased to be corrected.
Pages: [1]   Go Up