Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adding keywords to a catalog and images...  (Read 8439 times)

Morris Taub

• morristaubphotography
Adding keywords to a catalog and images...
« on: October 07, 2013, 11:03:19 am »

Is there a way to add keywords to a catalog and have them available for every folder created within the catalog? It seems all the keywords I add to images within a folder are only visible, usable within that folder. With each new folder I create when importing images into the catalog there are no keywords available. I'm forced to start from scratch.

Adding keywords in Capture One 7 pro seems primitive compared to what I'm used to with Lightroom. I've narrowed it down to about 25-30 keywords that could apply to almost all I do, but I can't figure a way to have this list of 30 keywords available for use with all the images I import into this single catalog.

I'm using the trial version of 7.1.3

thanks for any tips on this...

ario

Re: Adding keywords to a catalog and images...
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 03:51:24 am »

You may want to have a look to this short tutorial on the subject.
http://blog.phaseone.com/iqp-tip-adding-keywords-in-a-session-or-catalog/

Morris Taub

• morristaubphotography
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 09:02:36 am »

You may want to have a look to this short tutorial on the subject.
http://blog.phaseone.com/iqp-tip-adding-keywords-in-a-session-or-catalog/

thanks, Ario...i'll check this out tonight...

Morris Taub

• morristaubphotography
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 12:52:45 pm »

Checked out this short tutorial and it seems odd that keywords are associated with a collection or folder but aren't universal to the catalog these folders are in. Any time I import new images into the catalog in a new folder there are no keywords. Have to start from scratch. I can't see myself working this way.

jeremyrh

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 05:05:02 am »

I am wondering whether the solution to the rather primitive keywording functionality in C1 is to use it in conjunction with MediaPro in some way. Sorry - just an idle thought ...

Morris Taub

• morristaubphotography
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2013, 05:19:01 am »

I wrote to phase one directly and received this note from David Grover. I just played with this method this morning for the first time, but it does seem to work. I need a bit more time to play with it to see if I've got it right. This solution might be enough for my personal use. David also wrote that they are working to improve on key wording aspects.

"HI Morris,

Thanks for contacting us.

The way key wording is setup in Capture One right now is as you describe.  I.e. The Filters tool shows you what is available in the current collection of images.  I.e. An Album  for example.

As a workaround you could select to view 'All Images' in your Catalog, then choose to filter by 'No Keywords' in the Keywords section of the filters tool.  Then you will be able to see all your images that do not contain a keyword.  To quickly keyword your images, you can just drag and drop them onto any keyword in the list.

Let me know if you need more assistance.

David."
Pages: [1]   Go Up