Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Disappearance of the 'close', 'maximise & 'minimize' window control buttons  (Read 3054 times)

brianrybolt

I have had the problem as stated in the 'subject' ,of this topic in LR4 and I'de hope it would not appear in LR5.  No luck.  How do I get back the bar with these buttons?  This only happens in LR.  I'm on a 27" iMac / 10.7.5.

Thanks for any help,
Brian

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website

F

eliedinur

Roll over Ed Weston,
Tell Ansel Adams th

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website

No, Shift+F.

Yes and no.

There are three stages of LR screen real estate: 1. With traffic lights bar and Apple menu bar, 2. Apple menu alone, and 3. Full screen LR. Pressing "F" toggles the screen size; pressing "Shift+F" toggles it in reverse. So, depending in which state the OP is, either "F" or "Shift+F" would work faster.

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com

You guys obviously don't have LR5 or never used the feature.  It changed from 4 to 5.  F and Shift+F do different things now giving different fullscreen modes.  It's not just cycling through the three or in reverse anymore.

eliedinur

You guys obviously don't have LR5 or never used the feature.  It changed from 4 to 5.  F and Shift+F do different things now giving different fullscreen modes.  It's not just cycling through the three or in reverse anymore.
Sorry, that is what I should have said more fully. In LR5 "F" alone toggles from the current configuration to complete fullscreen and back while Shift+F takes you through the cycle of screen configurations.
Roll over Ed Weston,
Tell Ansel Adams th

PhotoEcosse

....but but still solves the OP's problem.
"Reality is an illusion caused by lack of alcohol."
Alternatively, "Life begins at the far end of your comfort zone."

eliedinur

....but but still solves the OP's problem.
Do you mean "F" would still solve the problem? No, it would not. If he is in the configuration where the OS bar (close, etc.) is not displayed, "F" will go to complete fullscreen (nothing but image) and back to same configuration. It will not return the OS bar.

Tip to the OP: I normally leave LR in the third configuration - no OS bar and the menu bar hidden until you mouse up to the top of the screen. When I want to close the application I mouse up to reveal the menu bar and select Exit from the File menu or I simply use Ctrl+Q. Only on the rare occasion that I want to down-size the application window (to drag it from one monitor to another, for instance) do I use Shift+F to return the OS bar.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 08:32:14 am by elied »
Roll over Ed Weston,
Tell Ansel Adams th
Pages: [1]   Go Up