Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FS: Seitz 6x17 Digital Panoramic Camera kit.  (Read 5860 times)

DavidOsborn

FS: Seitz 6x17 Digital Panoramic Camera kit.
« on: September 17, 2013, 02:07:45 am »

Seitz 6x17, 160 megapixel Digital Panoramic Camera kit with D3 - 7,500 scan back (7.500 x 21.250 pixel images). Offers around US $30,000 or £20,000. Mint condition except minimal W&T on body frame. 90mm & 250mm Lens, Center Filter, 2 Spare Batteries & Chargers all in Waterproof Explorer Case. Lenses and Scan Back in absolute mint condition, no dust or anything. David Osborn, www.BritishPanoramics.com, London, UK. Please contact me for more detailed information etc. Regards David.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 01:30:37 am by DavidOsborn »

felix5616

Re: FS: Seitz 6x17 Digital Panoramic Camera kit.
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 04:08:22 pm »

It would be very helpful to indicate an asking price

DavidOsborn

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 01:31:46 am »

Just added a value for the equipment. Regards David.

felix5616

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 08:38:18 am »

Love the pictures on the web site, beautiful camera

DavidOsborn

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2013, 09:06:29 am »

Hi,

The simple reason is while the images are beautiful, there are 3 main reasons.

1. I want to take pictures 'away from the car', ie, you can-not take camping equipment with the Seitz equipment as it is just too heavy and bulky.

2. At 52 my knees seem to be getting 'dodgy' ie I can start feeling them getting painful if I carry really heavy weights, especially up hill. (Weakest link in the chain as it were!).

3. I am getting more into workshops where Nikons etc are more suitable or relevant.

So when I look at the overall picture, I can find a smaller lighter camera, save my knees and not really loose any market in terms of print sales. Indeed the change would free me from the restriction of having just a 90mm and 250mm lens and allow me to shoot in more remote locations with a greater lens choice.

According to Schneider the lens covers 110 degrees at F22 and 96 degrees at F5.6.

I know Seitz state you can use a 75mm lens, but I have not tried.

Regards David.

felix5616

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2013, 12:25:09 pm »

how big of a bag do you need to carry everything necessary to shoot the seitz and what is the totl weight of the gear?
leo

DavidOsborn

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2013, 12:44:35 pm »

Hi Leo,

Just weighed it and in the explorer case, it is exactly 15.4 kgs (33.95lbs) I use an army backpack and drysacs for each object with foam for protection. I use the logic that the backpack must be able to survive falling into water when out doors ie heavy rain etc and have three layers of protection. The back pack, a single large drysac inside that and then each object in a drysac again. If this were an issue to a buyer, I will throw in the backpack and all drysac / foam protection for free, so ready to use. (I do not use the explorer case on location). The amount of protection I give it, is why it is in such perfect condition. Regards David.
Pages: [1]   Go Up