Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Bosphorus Bridge  (Read 1320 times)

batmura

The Bosphorus Bridge
« on: September 15, 2013, 02:38:45 pm »

sdwilsonsct

Re: The Bosphorus Bridge
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 11:46:57 pm »

Sumptuous as always. #1 is a bit more dynamic.

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 04:07:40 am »

Very good image, the colours are luxurious.

Cem

• Photographs
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 04:46:04 am »

Although I like the image very much, I am distracted by the rope tied to the end of the jetty which looks like a stain. It would be easy to clone that out. Also, I am not yet decided about the green rope on the left. It really attracts the gaze and I am not sure if that was your intention?

I have been following your posts here in LuLa and I have been very impressed. However, I think that one should be careful when using the same technique over and over again (in this case the blurring of water by using a strong ND filter). It may become a gimmick if one is not careful.  :)

batmura

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 01:22:14 pm »

Cem, thank you for your great feedback. I appreciate it. Indeed you're right about the green rope in the foreground being a distraction. I did my best to remove all kinds of junk before taking the shot, but I must have missed that one. As for cloning out the rope tied to the jetty, that was out of the question for me as I only use Lightroom and NIK Software for post processing.

I don't see how taking mostly long exposures would be a "gimmick," however. I am a total beginner in photography and long exposure shots are my priority. I feel there is a lot more to explore in this field and lots of more room to grow. I'll be going to the same spot many more times, especially in the fall when there are clouds in the sky. I'm also hoping to revisit this location in winter when there's some snow so I can do some black & white long exposure work.

Thanks again for your valuable feedback.

sdwilsonsct

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 01:37:55 pm »

I feel there is a lot more to explore in this field and lots of more room to grow.

+1.

Cem

• Photographs
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2013, 01:46:13 pm »

Cem, thank you for your great feedback. I appreciate it. Indeed you're right about the green rope in the foreground being a distraction. I did my best to remove all kinds of junk before taking the shot, but I must have missed that one. As for cloning out the rope tied to the jetty, that was out of the question for me as I only use Lightroom and NIK Software for post processing.

I don't see how taking mostly long exposures would be a "gimmick," however. I am a total beginner in photography and long exposure shots are my priority. I feel there is a lot more to explore in this field and lots of more room to grow. I'll be going to the same spot many more times, especially in the fall when there are clouds in the sky. I'm also hoping to revisit this location in winter when there's some snow so I can do some black & white long exposure work.

Thanks again for your valuable feedback.
You are welcome batmura. If you have the LR version 5, you can possibly clone out (or heal) the rope using the Spot Removal tool (key Q).

Just to prevent a misunderstanding, I did not say that your pictures were a gimmick, anything but! Obviously, you have the right attitude and as you say there is room enough for further growth. :)

batmura

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2013, 01:49:26 pm »

I am using LR 4.4 and when I try to Spot Removal Tool it gets messy. Then again, I've never been good at post processing. I have a lot to learn in that field as well. :)

Are you Turkish, by the way? Also, any feedback on Bosphorus Bridge 2 would be much welcome.
Pages: [1]   Go Up