Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Studio Calendar App Recommendation?  (Read 2802 times)

Steve G.

Studio Calendar App Recommendation?
« on: September 14, 2013, 03:44:34 pm »

Can anyone recommend a good studio calendar application, please?

I work at a mid-sized studio, and we're looking for studio calendar software that will allow us all (Producers, Equipment Room, Techs, Retouchers, etc.) to share information about up-coming shoots. The details we need to record/share are things like: shoot dates, shoot type (on-figure or tabletop), shoot location, call sheets, equipment lists, photographer's preferences, etc.

We're currently using Google Calendar for this, but we have a couple of freelance Producers who don't have employee email accounts and so can't get into the existing calendar.

Thanks,
Steve

Colorado David

Re: Studio Calendar App Recommendation?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 04:28:14 pm »

The company I formerly worked for used a dedicated scheduling program that was developed specifically for production companies.  It was obscenely expensive as I recall.  We're using the calendar function in File Maker Pro now and making it work.

JohnAONeill

• http://www.johnanthonyoneill.com
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 07:28:50 pm »

Can anyone recommend a good studio calendar application, please?

I work at a mid-sized studio, and we're looking for studio calendar software that will allow us all (Producers, Equipment Room, Techs, Retouchers, etc.) to share information about up-coming shoots. The details we need to record/share are things like: shoot dates, shoot type (on-figure or tabletop), shoot location, call sheets, equipment lists, photographer's preferences, etc.

We're currently using Google Calendar for this, but we have a couple of freelance Producers who don't have employee email accounts and so can't get into the existing calendar.

Thanks,
Steve

Having been through quite a few calendars over the last few years I finally settled on google calendar for it easy syncing capabilities with iPhone  / iPad / Mac and pc (most photographers work all over the place).
I also booted Outlook off my system and installed thunderbird with a calendar plugin that syncs very nicely with google calendar. So far I'm very pleased with the setup. Also like the way this can be customised to suit my own needs! All in all good syncing and ability to enter data quickly while on the go is the most important thing for me.

Hope this helps :-)

John

Mike Guilbault

• Mike Guilbault Photography
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 01:31:03 am »

If you're on a Mac, check out Daylite by Marketcircle.  It's a complete calendar/project management application.  I've been using it for years and it is extremely flexible and can be customized to suite your needs.  There's also an iPad/iPhone version that syncs with the desktop.
Mike Guilbault
Pages: [1]   Go Up