Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FS: Rolleiflex Hy6  (Read 2391 times)

xianql

FS: Rolleiflex Hy6
« on: September 13, 2013, 01:23:29 am »

I also have a Hy6 kit for sale, which include Rolleiflex Hy6 body, WLF, Schneider 80mm f2.8 AF lens, 4560 film back, battery and charger.
I will consider reasonable offer, please send me message if interested.

Thanks
Glenn

xianql

Re: FS: Rolleiflex Hy6
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 12:59:39 am »

bump..

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 02:22:57 am »

Hi Glenn,
What firmware does this have?  Does it have the Sinar or Rolleiflex or AFi name on it?  Sinar or Leaf battery contacts in the grip?
Thanks,
Eric

Rolleiflex USA

xianql

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 05:18:18 pm »

Hi Eric,

It is the latest firmware with Rolleiflex name on it. I heard Leaf/Sina Hy6 will not get support from DHW anymore, is that true?

Also, I want to hear your advice should I keep 6008+MF80/2 or Hy6+AF80/2.8 or Hy6+MF80/2, I am currently have both system, but I do prefer to the 80/2 lens, that is just awesome!

Cheers
Glenn

JV

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2013, 07:29:26 pm »

I heard Leaf/Sina Hy6 will not get support from DHW anymore, is that true?

Glenn,

That would seem awkward.  DHW still supports the 6008 and actually still manufactures it as well.

Are we talking about the handgrips here and the ability to Sinar or Leaf batteries?

Thanks, Joris.

zscott

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 05:22:42 pm »

Hi Glenn,

I'm interested in your camera if it's still available.  please call me at 212.242.2106 or email zstudio@mac.com
How many actuations?

thanks,
zack

xianql

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2013, 01:15:00 pm »

Glenn,

That would seem awkward.  DHW still supports the 6008 and actually still manufactures it as well.

Are we talking about the handgrips here and the ability to Sinar or Leaf batteries?

Thanks, Joris.

I heard that DHW will not upgrade firmware for Sina/Leaf Hy6, but I am not sure if this is true.

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2013, 11:52:49 pm »

Here's what I have understood from the factory about updates to the Sinar Hy6 bodies (Johannes may correct me if I am mistaken): If you are an owner of a Sinar branded body and back, DHW is not going to leave you stranded and  it may be possible to have your Sinar Hy6 updated to Mod2 specifications and have it work with Sinar backs. It's true for any Hy6 camera irregardless of naming, Rolleiflex, Sinar, or AFi, that some of the oldest were not able to be updated at all - so its always best to check with the factory.   I hope to have a ledger of serial ranges that can be updated soon so I can help determine upgrade eligibility.  Anyhow, in that case of an updated Sinar Hy6 body, the Sinar backs will still operate.   However Sinar backs are no longer officially supported on the Mod2 bodies meaning you can't buy a new Mod2 body and new Sinar back and make them work - without a sync cable.  You can of course still by Hy6 bodies and mount new Sinar backs.  Hope that isn't too confusing.  And for the sake of completeness, Sinar backs can also be fit to the older 6008AF cameras too.

All the Hy6 cameras of course can be service and repaired by DHW ...  They tell me they can even service SL66 cameras from the 1960's.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 11:58:13 pm by EricWHiss »
Rolleiflex USA

xianql

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2013, 02:28:28 pm »

Here's what I have understood from the factory about updates to the Sinar Hy6 bodies (Johannes may correct me if I am mistaken): If you are an owner of a Sinar branded body and back, DHW is not going to leave you stranded and  it may be possible to have your Sinar Hy6 updated to Mod2 specifications and have it work with Sinar backs. It's true for any Hy6 camera irregardless of naming, Rolleiflex, Sinar, or AFi, that some of the oldest were not able to be updated at all - so its always best to check with the factory.   I hope to have a ledger of serial ranges that can be updated soon so I can help determine upgrade eligibility.  Anyhow, in that case of an updated Sinar Hy6 body, the Sinar backs will still operate.   However Sinar backs are no longer officially supported on the Mod2 bodies meaning you can't buy a new Mod2 body and new Sinar back and make them work - without a sync cable.  You can of course still by Hy6 bodies and mount new Sinar backs.  Hope that isn't too confusing.  And for the sake of completeness, Sinar backs can also be fit to the older 6008AF cameras too.

All the Hy6 cameras of course can be service and repaired by DHW ...  They tell me they can even service SL66 cameras from the 1960's.

Thanks Eric! That is really a good news!
Pages: [1]   Go Up