Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The fisherman  (Read 536 times)

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
The fisherman
« on: September 10, 2013, 04:21:19 am »

Another couple of photos from SW Portugal (you can tell that I love the place :)). I went out to the Cabo Sardao area and noticed this fellow out fishing. The first photo show him at the very edge of the cliff, and the second going home empty handed; the sea was extremely rough, with big waves just crashing into the cliffs. So the fish would not come near the shore. One of the reasons this coastal area is a nature reserve is due to fact that many endangered species still live here (birds, fish, and even sea otters).

It is a delicate balance between natural resources and local populations that need fishing and agriculture to survive. I spoke to this man for a while, asking him if had been lucky with his catch; he told me no, because the sea was rough, but that was ok to him, he told me that it was nature's way to restore the balance.

The third photo is just to illustrate the location. This is a pebbly beach that I have been scouting for a while, trying to find the right time to photograph it. It runs North to South, so it is shaded in the morning. I went back that day close to sunset, as in the summer the beach stays lit for longer. I am still not happy with the result, but will go back for sure.

Regards.
Pages: [1]   Go Up