Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Facebook & Instagram TOS  (Read 3345 times)

kodakdog

Facebook & Instagram TOS
« on: September 08, 2013, 06:40:55 pm »

Bullfrog

Re: Facebook & Instagram TOS
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 08:04:13 pm »

Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean someone isn't out to get you.

>>>>>>>>>

The Canadian Government openly admits they use social media as a monitoring tool.  And then there's the CRA (Canada Revenue Service) who can and will use your internet browsing history against you.

I could go on, but I'm too paranoid to say any more.

::)

PS:  I hate Facebook for anything but snapshots and have not used it.  If you put an image there, I would expect it to be used anywhere, by anyone.  And yes, I think invasion of privacy will be the crime of the 21st century.

ETA: I was feeling punchy when I first posted, and feel I should qualify my somewhat tongue and cheek response.   I think social media is an opportunity to provide increased visibility.  I think anything that is offered for free or claims to be (like Facebook) has strings attached.  I would use Facebook as a vehicle to promote a website that was mine - and only post images on Facebook I"m prepared to loose.  There have been many articles in the paper about the infringement of privacy in Canada - and what emerges is how loose it really is.  I tend to think the pages are being written as we go, and only through trial and error will we really know the impacts.

I did appreciate you posting this.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 01:58:23 pm by Bullfrog »

KhaledA

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 07:36:30 am »

Personally I post on facebook only shots I did for clients after they payed me, and the shots were published, to show others what I'm capable of, as a sort of publicity for myself. I do sometimes post some of the prints I have for sale there, but only low resolution, and only a select few, just a taste. So far it's proven useful to a degree.

Instagram, I don't even go near it.

Deardorff

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 08:35:07 am »

Knowing that Facebook had terms that allow them to take anything you put there, including your private information - and sell it for profit - and you still put up clients images?

Anyone who uses the site is crazy.

Justinr

• Ink+images
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 09:01:11 am »

Knowing that Facebook had terms that allow them to take anything you put there, including your private information - and sell it for profit - and you still put up clients images?

Anyone who uses the site is crazy.

Facebook is the monitor in the room that Orwell tried warning us against.
Pages: [1]   Go Up