Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEC PA272W arriving soon in the US  (Read 9141 times)

WombatHorror

NEC PA272W arriving soon in the US
« on: September 05, 2013, 09:39:51 pm »

EDITED TITLE to reflect latest info

How come NEC USA is only releasing the PA242W and PA302W and not the PA272W? (Or if the PA272W is coming out how come it is being delayed for the US market and for how long?) In Europe and elsewhere they say you'll be able to get the PA272W in stores already by the end of September. I've seen lots of talk in forums where it seems everyone has been eagerly awaiting the PA272W and now it seems that's the only one not getting released here? For me it is the 27" or nothing.

(What would be truly awesome would be a 27" quad-HD wide gamut monitor from NEC though. Those retina-type displays make all the difference in the world but then so do calibration, uniformity and wide gamut and all the retina displays I see coming out are standard gamut and they won't have the top notch NEC electronics driving them either.)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 07:07:35 pm by WombatHorror »

SunnyUK

It's a European revenge for the rip-off mentality that sees many American manufacturers convert a price of $x to £x or €x when they sell it on this side of the Atlantic. Muaaaa-ha-ha-ha-ha  ;D

WombatHorror

It's a European revenge for the rip-off mentality that sees many American manufacturers convert a price of $x to £x or €x when they sell it on this side of the Atlantic. Muaaaa-ha-ha-ha-ha  ;D

Hah I guess so.

pluton

I see it as NEC's acknowledgement that in the US, there are only the super-rich(30") and the rest of us poor slobs(24"), while the sophisticated---and more income-equal--- Europeans can afford a 27", and don't wish to aggrandize themselves with the grotesque, ostentatious 30".
Seriously:  If NEC thinks they can make money selling the 27" in North America, they'll sell it in North America.  I promise.

gkroeger

The PA272W appeared on necdisplay.com today. No press release yet but it appears to be coming here after all.

WombatHorror

The PA272W appeared on necdisplay.com today. No press release yet but it appears to be coming here after all.

Thanks! Awesome. Not much of a delay at all either as it turns out.

abiggs

• http://www.andybiggs.com
Re: NEC PA272W arriving soon in the US
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2013, 10:53:25 am »

Just a heads up: B&H put the PA272W up this morning with a few options:

PA272 in Black
PA272 in White
PA272 in Black with SpectraviewII
PA272 in White with SpectraviewII

I just pre-ordered the 27" black unit with Spectraview.
Andy Biggs
[url=http://www.andybiggs.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up