Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: curious 9880 problem  (Read 546 times)

nairb

curious 9880 problem
« on: September 01, 2013, 07:15:06 pm »

I'm just working through testing out my new to me 9880 after having had the main circuit board replaced and seem to be experiencing a strange problem that I wonder if anyone else has experienced. (thought I'd try here first as the repair place and Epson are closed on the weekend)

It seems that if I haven't used the printer in a while, or perhaps it's only when it's been turned on, that the first print that comes off of it is a couple shades too light. The colours might be very very slightly shifted to magenta as well. This has happened too me twice today, first on a 12x18, and now on a 24x36 (the printer wasn't turned off in between, but had been overnight). I don't really have time to redo the 24x36 tonight, but the last time it happened a week ago, I got a perfect print out of it the second try (the same thing happened this morning, second 12x18 right after the too light first one was perfect).

I always do a nozzle check first and only print when it's clear. I'm using Windows 7 64 via USB on Gold Fibre Silk paper at the highest quality setting at slow speed (ie not bi-directional). I'm using the Ilford recommended settings for GFS.

Has anyone experienced this sort of thing before?

Unfortunately I can't really tell if it's too light until it starts to pop out the bottom, in which case a 24x36 is already about half way done. So it's wasting a lot of time and paper.

Pages: [1]   Go Up