Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: will 9880 hold paper after cutting?  (Read 897 times)

nairb

will 9880 hold paper after cutting?
« on: August 24, 2013, 07:24:15 pm »

I'm just learning my new to me 9880 and I can't find anywhere in the manual that states if the printer can be set to hold onto a print after cutting from a roll instead of having it drop into the print basket. It holds onto cut sheet paper after it's finished printing until you manually release it, and I'm pretty sure the 9900 will hold onto a print after it's been cut from a roll.

Can the 9880 do this?

Thanks

hugowolf

Re: will 9880 hold paper after cutting?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 07:59:01 pm »

I'm just learning my new to me 9880 and I can't find anywhere in the manual that states if the printer can be set to hold onto a print after cutting from a roll instead of having it drop into the print basket. It holds onto cut sheet paper after it's finished printing until you manually release it, and I'm pretty sure the 9900 will hold onto a print after it's been cut from a roll.
Seems like the cutter is below anyting that could hold onto the paper. Anyhow, why would this be useful? You can turn automatic cutting off and just cut from the printer's front console.

Brian A

darlingm

• Westland Printworks
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 12:39:43 am »

Wanted to add the 9900 can't do this.

The print basket sucks IMO.  (Granted, I can't say I've seen better.)  As hugowolf mentioned, when I am printing on something that can't handle the drop and the inevitable sliding, I disable auto cut and hit it on the console once I'm ready to grab it.  Be prepared for more frustration, if it's been sitting a little while after being printed, as it won't just cut it.  It has to wake up the head carriage first and move it around a bit.
Mike • Westland Printworks
Fine Art Printing • Amazing Artwork Reproduction • Photography
http://www.westlandprintworks.com • (734) 255-9761

MBrew

• Brewsphoto.Com
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 12:43:07 am »

The 9900 drops the print as soon as it cuts.  With canvas I leave auto cut off and let it dry before cutting.
Pages: [1]   Go Up