Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: barcelona  (Read 3146 times)

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
barcelona
« on: August 20, 2013, 03:56:32 am »

I'll be spending a few days in Barcelona next week. Other than the obvious Gaudi stuff (which I'm eagerly anticipating seeing again), is there anything in particular I should aim to photograph? I'll have a car, so short distances outside the city would be fine.

Jeremy

PhotoEcosse

Re: barcelona
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 04:38:51 am »

It depends so much upon what your own interests are. People? Culture? Abstract? Cityscape? Crime? Food? Architecture?

The good news is that, whatever your interest, you will find lots of it in Barcelona. But then you already knew that.

If I were going back soon, I would probably concentrate on the people but, to avoid the worst of the tourist hordes, would keep well away from the Ramblas and would possibly concentrate my efforts on very early in the mornings and late at nights.
"Reality is an illusion caused by lack of alcohol."
Alternatively, "Life begins at the far end of your comfort zone."

IanB

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 09:58:59 am »

Montserrat?

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 10:31:52 am »

Ah, Barcelona! I've never been there, but the mere mention of it brings back memories of one of my favorite TV series: Fawlty Towers.
Every time Manuel would do something stupid, Basil Fawlty would say, "Oh he's from Barcelona," as if that explained everything.

Do please post some images on your return, so my mental image of Barcelona can be improved!

-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

andaremos

• Andaremos
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 05:54:17 pm »

I spent 2 weeks last Summer exploring Catalunya. The village of Cadaques may be Spain's best fishing village. Expect lots of tourists this time of the year but somehow the place has not lost its charm. Lots of options here - hiking Cap de Creus, kayaking along the coast or rent a boat. If you are into Dali, you can visit Figueres as a day trip from Cadaques by bus or you can just walk over the hill to Port Lligat to see Dali's house. I have seen many Oceans but the Mediterranean here is really special. You don't even need a car as bus and train will get you everywhere.
Bring back lots of photos...

Eduardo
www.andaremos.com
- Eduardo
www.andaremos.com - Travel and Nature Photography

SeanBK

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 01:49:19 am »

andaremos,
 Love your suggestion & read your Blog too. Terrific images on your Blog.  :) Are they all shot with Leica or some other camera? Any special post work do you do, as the images on your Blog are amazingly crystal clear. Congrats.

GeekMark

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2013, 07:26:34 am »

I've been to Barcelona twice now, and it's a great place to photograph. Just to warn you, be really careful with your things, there are a lot of thieves out there and they are really good at what they do. For me, the best places to photograph are the beach and the buildings nearby, and Poble Espanyol..or the Spanish Village  ;D It takes time to get there but worth it! And if you've got a car, it will be easy for ya. Also, if you take the cable car from Montjuïc, especially at sunset, you'll get some breathtaking views of the harbor.
Enjoy and do share your photos!

andaremos

• Andaremos
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2013, 11:06:39 am »

Thank you SeanBK, I have images in there taken with all kinds of cameras. Most were taken with older Nikons but I have used Lumix and even one or two with medium format film. Some images are simply awful but I did not have a decent camera with me at the time.  I try to avoid getting caught up in the photo technical stuff. The blog is mostly for travel. No special processing - just global tweaks as I am too lazy to use Photoshop properly.

Thanks again for the visit...

Eduardo
- Eduardo
www.andaremos.com - Travel and Nature Photography

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2013, 11:44:28 am »

... Are they all shot with Leica or some other camera?

I can assure you with a 100% certainty they were :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up