Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 7.1.3 - ability to view thumbs on external drives removed?  (Read 3808 times)

tingyat

• Rogan Coles Photo Archive
7.1.3 - ability to view thumbs on external drives removed?
« on: August 11, 2013, 07:53:54 pm »

Hi,

Am I the only one experiencing this issue or is this something that's being generally accepted?

Up until 7.1.3 I could view the thumbs of the images that I have stored on external hard drives - this once the drives were switched off or removed. Now, with 7.1.3 this no longer seems to be the case. Is this something specific to my system or, is this an issue with 7.1.3?

Elsewhere in this forum it was more or less suggested that 7.1.3 was a BETA for some upcoming implementations of something or other. Would have been nice had this been made clear in the first place and warning users on this matter.

While I'm about it, in Capture One's metadata module, some of the IPTC data fields are NOT IPTC compliant. In the Rights Managed field, for instance, any content there is "clipped" to about 20 characters. Would be nice to get this fixed ASAP.

Cheers - Rogan

tingyat

• Rogan Coles Photo Archive
Re: 7.1.3 - ability to view thumbs on external drives removed?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 08:20:58 pm »

Hmm,

In my response to my own query, have since "discovered" this.

In the place holders where there are supposed to be images and which are now just blank, grayed out spaces, there are several icons - a square for the selected colour (also blank for those images so marked), a figure for the stars (this shows up as designed), a question mark (which I read as an indication that the storage media is now off-line) and then, the last item which is a white square box with lines in it. Used to read this a the "recipe" box. Interesting thing now - click on this and Wow, the corresponding thumbnail image now comes up.

Guess I've got to write this off to being one of those "undocumented features" in 7.1.3...

The View

Re: 7.1.3 - ability to view thumbs on external drives removed?
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 01:08:47 am »

I have the drive online, and Capture One can't see the images. All I get are triangles. I started the external hard drive several time, started Capture One several times - no avail. Can't access the images.

That catalog is buggy as hell! Totally unreliable.
The View of deserts, forests, mountains. Not the TV show that I have never watched.
Pages: [1]   Go Up