Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another two from Cabo Sardao, SW Portugal  (Read 775 times)

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
Another two from Cabo Sardao, SW Portugal
« on: August 05, 2013, 04:50:14 am »

Hello all, here is another couple of photos from last July. These were taken during sunrise in a cloudy day. The first one is looking South towards the lighthouse; the second one is trekking down to the beach and looking North.

Taken with Canon 6D and Zeiss 25 f/2.

Kind regards.

francois

Re: Another two from Cabo Sardao, SW Portugal
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 07:36:43 am »

That's two very nice shots. My preference goes to photo #1 (not for the lighthouse!), I like the colors and the vista. The foreground is also very nice. The second image is a bit more classical but I also like it, the slow exposure, especially on the rocks at the bottom of the image helps to put some movement in it.
Francois

churly

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 07:50:37 pm »

I particularly like the first one both composition and color.   What are the rocks?
Chuck Hurich

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 04:29:39 am »

Thanks for the comments.

The rocks are Palaeozoic (Carboniferous) dark schist. They outcrop along many km in the southwest coast of Portugal. They build a unique landscape, because of their colour, and because of their strong deformation (they are in places overturned-vertical). The succession of folds is amazing (sorry, I am a geologist after all).

There is also a thin soil cover, made up of cemented sandblown dune deposits. The cement is quite often rich in iron, which gives the cemented dunes a characteristic red-ruddy colour (not seen in these photos).
Pages: [1]   Go Up