Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: z2100 broken?  (Read 747 times)

Nora_nor

z2100 broken?
« on: August 01, 2013, 12:47:52 pm »

I have z2100 and my macs were not really connecting with it, for example did not show which paper was loaded. got to connect to it after hitting reset, and uploaded firmware from hp site. Managed to print a print afterwards, but was incredibly slow. That was yesterday.

mbp and mba, usb, tried printing from lightroom

today could not really connect, re-installed printer driver, and sending file took forever and only 5% progress. I gave up.

Also, it has wanted to print some report for half a year, which never happens and I just delete it in the queue, a report nr 16. I have printed the internal reports to try to solve that problem, but same message.

Tried two other usb wires.

Is printer broken?

Ernst Dinkla

Re: z2100 broken?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 06:16:55 am »

Try an Ethernet connection with a switch in between or simply a crossover cable. Check the Mac OS, driver and printer firmware versions whether they are all three compatible. I do not have the numbers for that combination and have no Mac but it should be available somewhere.

--
Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
July 2013, 500+ inkjet media white spectral plots.

Nora_nor

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 10:31:15 am »

Bought a new usb cable, and could connect to printer web server, yeah. Looks like USB cables (connectors) can get worn.

MBP now works on printer, but found out the MBA has the wrong driver after talking to support. Must use the one from apple update, not the one from hp website....

I do not know how to fool update to give me the HP driver, as it thinks I already have it....

Well, at least the MBP now works against the printer.

Might try the network cable sometime too with another MBP, but we might not have time today.

The  reason for different macs is there are different things on them to print.

There is a warning that the yellow ink is low, does that matter?

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 10:58:19 am »

There is a warning that the yellow ink is low, does that matter?

Not if there is enough ML for the next print run.

--
Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
July 2013, 500+ inkjet media white spectral plots.

Nora_nor

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2013, 11:21:19 am »

tried the MBP with the most important print jobs with the printer, and it is not showing loaded paper and taking hours to process print. Maybe there is something wrong with the printer after all, not just cables and driver. Or, it is lousy drivers, I do not know. Must contact support next week.
I managed to print a good print and it started to print immediately, but someone elseĀ“s MBP does not work as described above.
My mba did not manage to print either. Just a week ago it worked fine with some A3 sheets with black and white I had previously printed on Epson 4900.

Next question: I looked for hp printer driver downloads from apple, and there is actually one: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL339 I have not dared to download that. Found on http://support.apple.com/downloads/#printer%20drivers

(when I go to system choices and printers, to the list of printers, and select printer and - , the z2100 should re-install from apple updates (If I plug in the usb cable) but it did not do that. I tried the other MPB, and the printer driver did not come via  the app store thingy, there was a small pop-up asking if printer driver should install. Maybe it just installed upon plugging in the usb cable, maybe because I have selected install updates automatically?? Maybe. Must try unchecking them next time.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 11:27:46 am by Nora_nor »
Pages: [1]   Go Up