Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Photoshop & Creative Cloud: We’re Listening?  (Read 56510 times)

ButchM

Re: Photoshop & Creative Cloud: We’re Listening?
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2013, 11:00:41 pm »

One day is a start. I would expect at least one little thing I could use after I walk away. I don't expect a full course for 99 bucks, but, at least stop with the bad jokes.

And those other people won't help you much, either. I'm skeptical of most of these people who are good at marketing themselves. But, as I said, I respect the ambition, sort of.

I think you just misjudged the the effort ... write it off as a loss as your own mistake for having made an attempt to learn something that was beneath your level of expertise ...

I mean ... after all ... how much would a "professional" retoucher expect to gain for a $99 investment ????

ButchM

« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2013, 12:06:32 am »

On another note ... I was invited to participate in an Adobe survey about CC this week ... I found the survey curiously interesting ... It seemed the styling and order of the questions was more akin to marketing the product or a sales pitch, rather than seeking out why a customer would not desire to purchase the product ... Once again, it looks to be an effort of Adobe questioning my ability to reason out an offer, as compared with their prevalent attitude that they know best  what and how I should be investing my hard-earned cash ... Apparently they seem to be incapable to understand that I do not deem them worthy of perpetual payment just so I can click my mouse as needed ...

The survey seemed much more a conveyance to convince me I am wrong not to accept the offering, rather than to discover why so many traditional users aren't flocking to the Cloud.

I guess they can't fathom that I have spent the past four decades honing my skills precisely to avoid the need for the Camera Shake tool and don't consider it a "must-have" asset ... silly me I guess ...

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2013, 06:44:24 pm »

Any chance you could copy and paste the survey text up here for the rest of to look at and ponder?

Thanks  :)

Dave

Benny Profane

« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2013, 08:15:18 am »

I mean ... after all ... how much would a "professional" retoucher expect to gain for a $99 investment ????

You'd be surprised. Sometimes I learn very valuable techniques for free. And, on the other hand, I have sat through one to two day courses my employers have bought for me that were a total waste of time.

Photoshop instruction (well, most academics, but, we won't go there right now) is a business created to make some people a lot of money. Their inspiration, I'm afraid, is not to necessarily educate the public.

yaredna

« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2013, 08:11:11 pm »

And how were you privy to this conference call for analysts, jrp? Do you have a link to a reliable source so we can all read it for ourselves?

You should hang out here more often, jrp. You're absence makes us wonder about you.

I mean where did all these people come from that responded ONLY to the CC subscription topic threads on this site and then just disappeared after the threads lost steam? Hard to believe they've only been lurkers all these years.

We're still herre... Amazed by how Adobe assumes that they can get rid of individuals and keep corporates. Wait, were have we seen this play before? Think, think...

But this discussion is boring.
. Adobe is not listening
. Few Adobe "friends" defend their misguided strategy in forums
. Most Adobe users are outraged

What's new?

yaredna

« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2013, 08:14:21 pm »

From the complaints about Adobe customer service and tech support I've read online from 2001 to the present, just last month I finally found out from someone posting over at Photo.net that Adobe's customer service strategy employs a three tier hierarchal system that refers each customer issue according to the level of complexity. That's got to be tough to budget for.

I can't even remember the one time I had to call Adobe customer service or tech support over an issue since PS4 in '98 all the way up to CS5 which I don't even use now. Back then I had Illustrator 8, Pagemaker 6.5 and PS4 and they all worked just fine on Mac OS 8, but then I wasn't using them to run a business.

Geez! Just remembered. Even the Twain plugin for my Agfa Arcus II flatbed worked in PS4 while everyone else seemed to be having trouble with their own scanner model.

I remember calling Adobe support... For a licensing issues. The licensing manager stopped working, and i had to escalate the issue to be resolved.

Isn't that ironic? Pirates don't need to call Adobe to fix their licensing isssues, I bet.

Martin Kristiansen

• Martin Kristiansen
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2013, 02:08:41 am »

I signed up for the cloud. I use only LR, PS and acrobat at the moment. For LR I have a normal license at the moment. I plan on doing some video work for video catalogues so am currently exploring video editing software. Downloaded Premier and Aftereffects to help with that.

I am a one man business but the subscription service suits me. It costs me per month the price of one pack shot. I shoot hundreds of the things a month so the cost for the power of the applications is peanuts.

I also like the incremental improvement idea. The big changes every 2 years were quite disruptive to me.

Purchasing, downloading, registering and all the rest went smoothly. No need for support so far.
Commercial photography is 10% inspiration and 90% moving furniture around.

Wayland

• Trust me I'm a Viking
    • Waylandscape
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2013, 01:44:09 am »

Snip> I mean where did all these people come from that responded ONLY to the CC subscription topic threads on this site and then just disappeared after the threads lost steam? Hard to believe they've only been lurkers all these years.

Some of us do lurk here quite a bit, it's a good place to find out what's going on but personally I don't find it a very friendly forum.

Unless you are using the most expensive equipment, preferably medium or large format, and talk like an "Artist" you don't seem to be taken very seriously IMO.

I tend to come here for information but prefer the social aspects of other places.

Wayland. [/S

Manoli

« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2013, 03:09:58 am »

I mean where did all these people come from that responded ONLY to the CC subscription topic threads on this site and then just disappeared after the threads lost steam? Hard to believe they've only been lurkers all these years.

Hard to believe or not, does it make any difference ? Just a sign of the universal sense of 'outrage' at Adobe's attitude.

jrp

« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2013, 08:35:25 am »

Interesting to see that the introductory CC rental price offer for CS users that was due to end in July, then in August, has been extended, without fanfare, to December.  Sounds like they are not having as much luck as they anticipated in persuading people to convert.  Unsurprising, irrespective of the price  / contract terms, as there are no compelling new features in [Photoshop] CC.  Let's see what use they make of the new-found freedom to introduce new features outside major updates. 

ButchM

« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2013, 09:48:05 am »

Interesting to see that the introductory CC rental price offer for CS users that was due to end in July, then in August, has been extended, without fanfare, to December.

I think there is a big reason there is no fanfare ... Either CC isn't selling as well as they had hoped, or it is selling so well, Adobe is attempting to entice even more folks int the fold ... Personally, if traditional perpetual license customers haven't jumped on the discounted price point for the first year by now, I doubt they will do so in any significant numbers by year's end ... Adobe has extended the offer twice now and not pulled the deal ... One would think, if CC is surpassing expectation, Adobe would be promoting that point in a significant way with their marketing.

I'm quite interested to see the numbers from the current quarter in the next report ... It will be interesting to see if all is going as Adobe planned.

texshooter

« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2013, 11:24:57 pm »

I predict in ten years most photographers will not use Photoshop. They will use third-party full-featured programs instead. Has anyone noticed that Topaz Labs is slowly morphing into Photoshop?

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2013, 11:43:30 pm »

I think there is a big reason there is no fanfare ... Either CC isn't selling as well as they had hoped, or it is selling so well, Adobe is attempting to entice even more folks int the fold

When something is selling well, most companies try to increase the price point... especially when a special discount with a clearly defined timeframe is involved.

So there is 99% chance that CC is not selling as well as they expected.

Since they were apparently not expecting it to sell very well short term anyway, odds are it is not selling well at all.

There is no reason to be particularly happy about this. Adobe is a key supplier of the photography world and we can only wish their continued success.

They have the option every day that passes by to revert their decision and come up with a boxed version of CS7 if they feel that CC is threatening their top line. Of course, the longer it takes, the higher the odds that some of us really settle with the alternative software providers we have been evaluating for months...

Cheers,
Bernard

lhodaniel

« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2013, 12:09:05 am »

Where do you see that the $9.99 deal has been extended to December? When I open the site, the on;y deal i see that has been extended is CC for teams @ $49.99 until 12/3. Individual plans come up @ $19.99 for single app for me. Not that it matters. I won't sign up either way.

Wayland

• Trust me I'm a Viking
    • Waylandscape
« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2013, 02:48:40 am »

Must admit, I've been surprisingly impressed by PhotoLine, ( www.pl32.com ) the web site doesn't look much but don't be put off giving it a free trial, the software is amazing.
Wayland. [/S

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2013, 09:59:13 am »

I predict in ten years most photographers will not use Photoshop. They will use third-party full-featured programs instead. Has anyone noticed that Topaz Labs is slowly morphing into Photoshop?
I hate to say it, because it's painful, but in the long run it may be a good thing that we are having to wean ourselves from Photoshop.
I'm just glad I lived to experience it (and LightRoom) at its peak.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2013, 10:34:42 am »

Must admit, I've been surprisingly impressed by PhotoLine, ( www.pl32.com ) the web site doesn't look much but don't be put off giving it a free trial, the software is amazing.

Yep, it is not at the level of UI refinement of CS6, but it works very well.

I am glad I invested in Photoline the budget I had set adode for LR5.0 upgrade.

Cheers,
Bernard

designpartners

• Design Partners
« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2013, 11:10:14 am »

Rick Popham

• http://
« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2013, 11:45:53 am »

Since it's Photoshop World, they'll probably announce that Photoshop/Lightroom subscription bundle that they've heard photographers want.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 11:48:53 am by Rick Popham »

Eric Myrvaagnes

« Reply #59 on: September 04, 2013, 12:21:24 pm »

Since it's Photoshop World, they'll probably announce that Photoshop/Lightroom subscription bundle that they've heard photographers want.

...that they've heard from both of the photographers on the paid Adobe staff.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up