Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: You may be interested in these if you can't afford a Gursky  (Read 6992 times)

AFairley

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2013/07/02/world/europe/ap-eu-britain-kate-moss.html?hp

Christie's is auctioning a bunch of photos of Kate Moss, expected to bring over $1.5 million.

nemo295

Re: You may be interested in these if you can't afford a Gursky
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 07:27:27 pm »

"Kate is the ultimate modern muse and we will be seeing her images in major museums and private collections for years to come."

Now there's a depressing thought.

tom b

• http://tombrown.id.au
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 07:59:54 pm »

As the poster girl for heroin chic, I don't know how she ever became so popular, but I guess that is the fashion industry.

Cheers,
Tom Brown

Rob C

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 09:02:17 am »

Yes, true, but she is also very versatile and has survived a lot of lousy snappers in her career.

Rob C

EduPerez

• Edu Pérez
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 03:45:54 am »

As the poster girl for heroin chic, I don't know how she ever became so popular, but I guess that is the fashion industry.

Cheers,

For a split second, I understood you where the poster girl for heroin chic...

Rob C

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2013, 03:37:05 am »

She is a modern Venus, in a way that her beauty as an ideal has spreaded all over the western hemisphere. That is why an artist like Mark Quinn use her as a muse. We may like it or not, but that is a fact. Also, I'm not talking talking about her as a person, but as a symbol. Most people that see a picture of her don't really know if she snorts cocaine or not. We also don't know anything from the model that posed as Venus (de Milo), yet she also represents the ideal of beauty of a certain moment in history.

The thing is, I don't believe that Kate is beautiful at all; what she is is expressive of a 'type' and she has had the ability to move with that type over a time-frame that's amazing. Of course, she's also partly responsible for forming that type and the changes within it, which makes it somewhat more simple for her.

; -)

Rob C

amolitor

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2013, 05:43:56 pm »

She may not be beautiful, but she's very interesting to look at, and very recognizable. Those two things and a frame that a designer wants to hang clothes on will get you a long way.

That and a moderate ability to turn up on time not too wasted to work.
Pages: [1]   Go Up