Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Will Nikon honor D800 warranty?  (Read 10085 times)

SeanBK

Will Nikon honor D800 warranty?
« on: June 21, 2013, 12:50:21 am »

If I purchase Nikon D800 in Asia, will Nikon service the camera and Lens purchased in Asia? What @ software updates too?
  If anyone has any experience I'd appeciate the advise. Thank you.

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
Re: Will Nikon honor D800 warranty?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 04:44:02 am »

Usually Nikon's warranty for digital cameras is valid only in the country where you purchased it. On the other hand, the warranty for lenses is valid worldwide. In any case it is best to confirm before buying the camera.

Warranty conditions for Nikon Asia

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 07:36:33 am »

I believe they will service the camera but will not honor the warranty. The reason is, I believe, that the warranty in the US is provided by Nikon USA, the distributor, and not by the parent Nikon company. If you buy a camera in Asia, or a so-called gray market camera in the US, they are not getting their cut and therefore their warranty does not apply.

SeanBK

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 04:58:17 pm »

Thank you guys, appreciate. U both are correct. Nikon lens falls under International warranty, while camera is under warranty by original selling country BUT if one shows that I actually was there, bought it while in that country, travelling than there is a chance they will honor it. It is like having a breakdown being a tourist or on an assignment in a foreign country, s**t happens, so can't expect to pay for repairs. Canon has more stringent policy.
   Few years back I was in Paris with my Hasselblad H series (purchased in US), somehow the cover of the connector came off & lost it. I had local Parisian Dealer's address, went there, they replaced it instantly, I volunteered to pay for it, they said absolutely no, terrific people.

Scott O.

• Photography by Scott and Joyce
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 12:40:02 am »

I was in Nikon Los Angeles service recently and they refused to accept a gray market Nikon camera for any sort of service. Your experience may vary, hopefully if you calmly explain your quandary they may help you...

AFairley

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2013, 09:43:31 am »

I was in Nikon Los Angeles service recently and they refused to accept a gray market Nikon camera for any sort of service. Your experience may vary, hopefully if you calmly explain your quandary they may help you...
Warranty service or paid service?

Scott O.

• Photography by Scott and Joyce
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2013, 10:24:40 pm »

They wouldn't take it for either...

Randy Brown

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2013, 10:31:17 pm »

If I purchase Nikon D800 in Asia, will Nikon service the camera and Lens purchased in Asia? What @ software updates too?
  If anyone has any experience I'd appeciate the advise. Thank you.

Sean,

You should be OK if you bought the D800 while physically in Asia (assuming that the camera was brought into the Asian country by the proper Nikon distributor).  In that case the camera is not grey and Nikon USA will service the camera since it is not grey.  You need to have the receipt for sure.  Just make sure that the camera is properly brought into the camera you buy it in.
Pages: [1]   Go Up