Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FS: New Leica Summilux M 35mm f1.4 Apo Blk and Leica Summicron 75mm f2 Blk  (Read 6245 times)

viswan

A sad story...... my client, a local pro fine-art photographer, ordered a new Leica M-240 and these 2 Leica lenses from Samy’s on Feb12, on their promise that he would have the camera body very soon..... the lenses were in stock.  The date for delivery of the body kept getting pushed back, to the spring, summer, and now to Dec, if at all.  He has given up on Leica, (in disgust i might add) and asked me to sell the lenses for him.  Before i put them on on Ebay, I usually like to try here first, better crowd... ;-)

so..... you have here 2 new Leica lenses, New-in-Box, receipts, Leica filters for both.  Never been used or mounted on a camera, just taken out to photograph and put back in the box.  You can see in the photos all i have just described.  Asking $3300 (net) for the 75 Summicron F2 Apo, and $4650 (net) for the 35 Summilux f1.4 Apo lens.

My client did send in his warranty cards stubs...... Ask to see photos of the original Samy's invoices.....

I have been selling on Ebay under the name “viswan” for 10 years, and have a perfect 100% rating, and am in Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA.  Have also sold many items here on the board.......  (I am a multi-award winning photographer myself, and make my living selling my photographs.)

Josef Tornick
Many of my photos are on Facebook and Fl

8x10 user

I would try to return them to Samy's camera for the full purchase price. If they are upset, tell them to take it up with Lecia. Obviously these lenses were purchased solely for use with the camera that they could not deliver. Your client would be in the right to return them. Especially if Samy' said they would have the camera in soon when the order was placed!

Do not take no for an answer. Go to the credit card companies if you have to.

viswan

Thanks for the very relevant and timely advice.  My client, who is a superb photographer btw, wants to do it this way, i believe he did talk to Samy's.  My job is to sell his goods for him (I previously sold his M9 and 90mm lens), and that is what I do.  I have noticed over the years of selling gear for other photographers on Ebay that everyone has their own reasons for what they do....... so i just say "Yes sir" and do my job, and they are happy.  -Josef

Sandy Chian

Josef,
How much are you selling the 35 summilux for and the 75 summicron for?
Can you confirm that both lenses are FLE?

Thank you,
Sandy Chian

Shrev94412

• Phase One, Fuji GFX100, Nikon and Leica Q2 Shooter
    • Shreve Fine Art

I did the same thing but asked Samy's to hold everything till it all arrived.....Still waiting and that was January. I did buy a 21 3.4 Elmar somewhere else and I am probably going to give up as well and sell the 21 Elmar. I guess Leica is running very far behind. Frustrating.
Check out my work at www.shrevefineart.com

viswan

Josef,
How much are you selling the 35 summilux for and the 75 summicron for?
Can you confirm that both lenses are FLE?

Thank you,
Sandy Chian

both long gone......
-Josef
Pages: [1]   Go Up