Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "old process version" warning in LR5  (Read 3636 times)

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
"old process version" warning in LR5
« on: June 10, 2013, 06:37:54 pm »

The little icon in the Develop module which warned you that the image wasn't PV2012, and clicking on which converted it to PV2012, seems to have gone in LR5. I rather liked it: is there any way of getting it back? I can't find a preference setting.

Jeremy

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
Re: "old process version" warning in LR5
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 07:33:14 pm »

It's in a different, less obvious place. Up near histogram if I recall correctly.
Using a test install of OS with limited software loaded so cannot check at moment.
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

Rand47

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 07:45:10 pm »

The little icon in the Develop module which warned you that the image wasn't PV2012, and clicking on which converted it to PV2012, seems to have gone in LR5. I rather liked it: is there any way of getting it back? I can't find a preference setting.

Jeremy

It is now a little lightning bolt in the lower right corner of the histogram window:

If you "hover" over the bolt it will say "Process 2010" and "Convert to 2012."  If you press it, it brings up dialog box to convert the single image or an option to convert the whole film strip of images.

Rand
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 09:42:20 pm by Rand47 »
Rand Scott Adams

W.T. Jones

• W.T. Jones LLC
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 03:16:29 am »

Hmmm... isn't that handy? I guess the older obvious indicator was.. well... too obvious. We cannot have that now can we ???
Warren

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 03:28:06 am »

It is now a little lightning bolt in the lower right corner of the histogram window:

If you "hover" over the bolt it will say "Process 2010" and "Convert to 2012."  If you press it, it brings up dialog box to convert the single image or an option to convert the whole film strip of images.

Rand

Ah, excellent. Thank you.

Jeremy

Rand47

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 09:42:17 am »

Hmmm... isn't that handy? I guess the older obvious indicator was.. well... too obvious. We cannot have that now can we ???

Well, I'm guessing that the significantly different tool set in the Develop module was probably thought to be "obvious enough,"  ;D  and only needed a discrete button for ease of conversion, if desired.  Putting that near the histogram makes sense to me.

--------

Jeremy, you're quite welcome for the graphic.

Rand

Rand Scott Adams
Pages: [1]   Go Up