Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom 5 now available  (Read 15949 times)

J. Paul

Re: Lightroom 5 now available
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2013, 02:36:24 pm »

I have been a Lightroom user since the very first early Beta versions and had decided to upgrade (and actually downloaded) Lightroom 5, only to find out that it won't work with my version of OSX 10.6.8.  I have everything running so smoothly and my workflow is so smooth with my existing version 4.4 that I just don't won't to take the chance with a new operating system.  I know I will eventually have to make a move but there are no compelling/must have features in Lightroom 5 that I want to go to the trouble.  I will continue to use Lightroom 4.4 but will probably now add Capture One Pro 7 and do some testing with it.
J. Paul

E.J. Peiker

• http://www.ejphoto.com
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2013, 05:40:03 pm »

Maybe Adobe talks to the NSA.

Jeremy

They definitely talk with Treasury - ever try taking a full frame picture of US Currency and then opening it up in Photoshop?  PS won't open it giving you a warning.

Box Brownie

• Engram Photography
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2013, 06:09:28 pm »

Amazon UK now list the DVD version as "pre order" available 20th June at slightly more than Adobe show the download cost, so I wonder if Adobe will because of the CC model for every other product even offer the DVD version i.e. just use the retail network for distribution???
A collection of mine here http://500px.c

Simon J.A. Simpson

« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2013, 05:38:01 am »

They definitely talk with Treasury - ever try taking a full frame picture of US Currency and then opening it up in Photoshop?  PS won't open it giving you a warning.

Blimey, and I was using Photoshop to print my own currency.
(NSA and any others snooping – please note this was only a joke)

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2013, 05:01:49 pm »

Interesting how you feel you have to mention this is only a joke.
Sounds like you fear of getting that certain knock on your door.

what a state we are in!
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2013, 09:39:55 pm »

I have been a Lightroom user since the very first early Beta versions and had decided to upgrade (and actually downloaded) Lightroom 5, only to find out that it won't work with my version of OSX 10.6.8.  I have everything running so smoothly and my workflow is so smooth with my existing version 4.4 that I just don't won't to take the chance with a new operating system.  I know I will eventually have to make a move but there are no compelling/must have features in Lightroom 5 that I want to go to the trouble.  I will continue to use Lightroom 4.4 but will probably now add Capture One Pro 7 and do some testing with it.
J. Paul
Certainly your logic of "if it ain't broke don't fix it", but I think your fears are a little unfounded. Mountain Lion is a year old, is on it's 4th release, and most of the issues with Leopard/snow leopard had to do with printing, and weren't issues when moving on to Lion and Mountain Lion - once you solved them you were fine because the printing pipeline really didn't change with Lion. 

There are over 1500 api's and other tools available to developers to tweak more features and performance out of their apps than previous OS's, and LR 5 and other programs are leveraging those. 

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2013, 11:00:59 pm »

Interesting how you feel you have to mention this is only a joke.
Sounds like you fear of getting that certain knock on your door.

what a state we are in!

This reminds me of the amazing novel "The Joke" from Milan Kundera.

It focuses on the lack of sense of humor of dictatorships and how it can dramatically impact people's lives.  ;)

Cheers,
Bernard
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 05:18:24 am by BernardLanguillier »

CatOne

• http://blloyd.smugmug.com
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2013, 10:16:31 am »

Certainly your logic of "if it ain't broke don't fix it", but I think your fears are a little unfounded. Mountain Lion is a year old, is on it's 4th release...

It's now at 10.8.4.  That's technically its "fifth release"  ;)

msoon

• Product Photography by Mark Soon
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2013, 05:40:26 am »

Hey guys, does anyone know if the new Lightroom 5 supports the D600 in tethered mode yet?
Product Photography Portfolio - http://www.marksoon.com

john beardsworth

• My photography site

Larry451

LR5 to LR4
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2013, 12:34:53 pm »

I'm considering buying LR5 to use on my main/working mac(10.7.5), but my concern is printing..  I use an older mac (10.6.8) as a print server for my 7900.  would transferring files from LR 5 to LR 4 change my tif file when printing? 
thanks
Larry.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up