Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 27   Go Down

Author Topic: Adobe - Creative Cloud Update  (Read 126882 times)

Isaac

Re: Adobe - Creative Cloud Update
« Reply #180 on: June 07, 2013, 03:22:07 pm »

Finally, you've all run out of things to say about Adobe CC.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #181 on: June 07, 2013, 03:25:25 pm »

Who are you kidding?

Isaac

« Reply #182 on: June 07, 2013, 03:44:13 pm »

I'm sure you can find something to squabble about, but you all do seem to have run out of things to say about Adobe CC :-)

CoyoteButtes

« Reply #183 on: June 07, 2013, 05:39:03 pm »

Perhaps the lower frequency of remarks about the Compulsory Cloud is just a reflection of the utter and complete sense of disgust with Adobe.

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #184 on: June 07, 2013, 09:06:51 pm »

I guess folks are, however puzzling this decision seems, starting to realize that PS has been end of lifed for good and that CC is not a credible alternative.

Many are probably starting to focus on replacement strategies.

Cheers,
Bernard

Simon J.A. Simpson

« Reply #185 on: June 08, 2013, 04:50:04 am »

Shantanu Narayen, the President and Chief Executive Officer of Adobe, has recently sold nearly all (around 97%) of his $10,000,000 Adobe shares, just before the CC was introduced.

Don’t know if this is in anyway relevant to the ongoing Creative 'Mushroom' Cloud, but it is interesting don’t you think?

Dave

Interesting? Or just a cheap insinuation?

John.  I don't see any insinuations here, cheap or otherwise.  I do see an interesting observation and, perhaps, an untimely coincidence.  I think Butch sums it up very well.

Regardless if Narayen had the most innocent motives for selling his stock ... the quantity of shares, and the overall percentage of his total Adobe portfolio he converted to cash, along with the timing of the sale(s) ... has to make one wonder why he thought his investment was more valuable as cash now, and not in support of his own company increasing the value of his shares in the near future. I'm sure the SEC has (or is ) scrutinized his sell off ... so if he was up to something nefarious, we likely would have heard rumblings to that end by now.

It's really not that unreasonable for folks to at least raise an eyebrow when considering this action, especially in light of the sweeping change in licensing policy that can place doubts in stockholder's minds.

yaredna

« Reply #186 on: June 08, 2013, 08:55:43 am »

Finally, you've all run out of things to say about Adobe CC.

We are actually busy trialing other softwares, andlearning their paradigm. The train has left the station, bye Adobe. Wish you good luck with your subscribers.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #187 on: June 08, 2013, 02:33:24 pm »

John.  I don't see any insinuations here, cheap or otherwise.  I do see an interesting observation and, perhaps, an untimely coincidence.  I think Butch sums it up very well.

What coincidence? It's a whole bxxxdy month different, as anyone familiar with US date formats can read! And 3 months after another disposal, which was made shortly before nothing happened. Other board members sold at various intervals throughout the year too. So no big deal - it's not remotely "interesting", nudge nudge wink wink. But does it insinuate something? You bet. You'd have to be pretty naive to think otherwise.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 03:40:24 pm by johnbeardy »

Simon J.A. Simpson

« Reply #188 on: June 08, 2013, 05:25:27 pm »

What coincidence? It's a whole bxxxdy month different, as anyone familiar with US date formats can read! And 3 months after another disposal, which was made shortly before nothing happened. Other board members sold at various intervals throughout the year too. So no big deal - it's not remotely "interesting", nudge nudge wink wink. But does it insinuate something? You bet. You'd have to be pretty naive to think otherwise.

John, do you have any connection with Adobe, commercially or personally ?

jrsforums

« Reply #189 on: June 08, 2013, 05:42:34 pm »

That is a nasty and uncalled for question.
John

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #190 on: June 08, 2013, 05:51:22 pm »

Aha, so should I infer that you question my motives? What are you insinuating? ;) Can't you disprove what I wrote then?

For what little it's worth, I wouldn't say there's any real personal connection, though their UK people have hired me for Lightroom and Photoshop presentations. Sure, in public I bite my tongue a little, but I make it pretty clear when I do think Adobe have made mistakes. In this particular case you should know that I was in accounting, did a period of Sarbanes Oxley compliance work, and so I cast a professional eye over the disposals. That's why I called bullshit on Dave's insinuations.

John
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 06:14:36 pm by johnbeardy »

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #191 on: June 08, 2013, 05:53:25 pm »

That is a nasty and uncalled for question.
I'm OK with it! After all, I did insinuate Simon may be naive, so I don't blame him for a bit of retaliation.

J

Simon J.A. Simpson

« Reply #192 on: June 09, 2013, 07:03:32 am »

I'm OK with it! After all, I did insinuate Simon may be naive, so I don't blame him for a bit of retaliation.

J

John, I don't recall you insinuating that I am naive ?  And, BTW, I am not retaliating.  I was just interested, that's all.  Sometimes it helps to understand another person's perspective on things.

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
« Reply #193 on: June 09, 2013, 05:05:54 pm »

Aha, so should I infer that you question my motives? What are you insinuating? ;) Can't you disprove what I wrote then?

For what little it's worth, I wouldn't say there's any real personal connection, though their UK people have hired me for Lightroom and Photoshop presentations. Sure, in public I bite my tongue a little, but I make it pretty clear when I do think Adobe have made mistakes. In this particular case you should know that I was in accounting, did a period of Sarbanes Oxley compliance work, and so I cast a professional eye over the disposals. That's why I called bullshit on Dave's insinuations.

John

John you are beginning to look and sound like a bully, yet even so, I would dearly love to know what it is that you think I am insinuating, by simply posting what I thought was an interesting link and then openly saying that "I don’t know if this is in anyway relevant" - did you read that last bit? I will repeat it for you just in case you missed it this time round, as you so obviously must have done in my previous post "I DO NOT KNOW IF THIS IS IN ANYWAY RELEVANT".

So please tell me what it is that you think I am insinuating, that would then make you refer to this simple act of copying a link form Adobe's own website forum onto Lula, such a defamatory act by me personally, that you find it necessary to instantly refer to me as "Cheap", then "Nasty" then "Naive" and finally "bullshit"? Yet when I light heartedly suggest you should calm down from your obviously hyperventilating state of aggrievement, you refer to that as an "insult" - notice how I am trying my best to refrain from replying to your insults with equally low brow insults and name calling?

John, I own some of your books for God’s sake and I thought you had a good writing style and something interesting to say, yet I don't think I will be buying any more now, as you really have not covered yourself in glory here, with this spectacularly misguided and pernicious rant, as I am sure that the many thousands of people now reading this thread will agree.

Have a nice day John - although I am fairly sure you will not be able to let it rest and quickly type out a vitriolic reply, of how this is all my own fault for being so Cheap, Nasty and Naive and probably add in a few more low brow derogatory rants just for good measure.

Jeeez!!!!   ::) ::) ::)

Dave
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 07:12:35 pm by Dave (Isle of Skye) »

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #194 on: June 09, 2013, 07:17:14 pm »

Dont you think that's rather silly? Actually, I don't refer to you as cheap or nasty - I say that of the insinuations - and am crediting you with understanding the financial misdemeanours you implied. I'd be amazed if you don't, but whatever..... 

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #195 on: June 09, 2013, 09:00:53 pm »

Quote from: Simon J.A. Simpson on June 08, 2013, 04:25:27 PM
Aha, so should I infer that you question my motives? What are you insinuating?  Can't you disprove what I wrote then?

It's typical and expected to be questioned about some "commercial official connection with Adobe" when someone in the know, someone who's got a deeper understanding of the process posts about an Adobe product by 'the other side' of the argument. I and others (like Jeff) are accused of having motives influenced by Adobe when in fact, we have a clue about the process of how the software evolved. It's a low blow and doesn't in any way dismiss an educated opinion.

FWIW, one could be commercially or personally connected to Adobe, but that it doesn't dismiss that person's point based on facts that those outside this connection have no clue about! In fact, those who do have a direct personal involvement with Adobe often have a far better grasp of the topic for obvious reasons. It's an insulting suggestion and worse, it fails to counter the argument.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #196 on: June 09, 2013, 09:12:01 pm »

John, I own some of your books for God’s sake and I thought you had a good writing style and something interesting to say, yet I don't think I will be buying any more now, as you really have not covered yourself in glory here, with this spectacularly misguided and pernicious rant, as I am sure that the many thousands of people now reading this thread will agree.

Yeah, ya know Dave...the way the Anti-Adobe crowd seems to behaving is a bit shocking...if somebody DARES to take umbrage with the way the anti-Adobe crowd seems to paint this whole CC/subscription thing, suddenly they are the enemy. The anti crowd seems to be perfectly willing to threaten and try to strong-arm anybody who pokes holes in the anti-Adobe proponents arguments. When I pointed out that "buying" a perpetual license vs a subscription license was essentially the same thing with different terms, I got a lot of grief...when I pointed out that Photoshop was never developed for photographers, photographers got pissed off at me for pointing out the truths. When I pointed out that photographers make up a very small % of Adobe's pro users, again, photographers jumped all over me.

Quite honestly having been involved in a trade oranization on behalf of photographers for over a decade (Advertising Photographers of America–APA and having served as National President) and trying to defend photographer's copyrights and improve business practices for photographers, color me just a bit jaded...by and large, photographers tend to come off as a bunch of bitchy little girls. When somebody does something to upset the apple cart, they all squeal like stuck pigs...but try to talk to them and try to organize them into a political group to try to accomplish some industry changes, forget about it.

So, Dave, let me save you the time and effort making any threats towards me. Please do not ever buy another book or video by me ever again. I don't want to count you and your ilk as being a customer of mine. Ok? (not like I would really give a shit mind you).

John nailed your feet to the floor because you tried to imply that Shantanu Narayen was baling out by selling a lot of insider held stock so clearly you thought Shantanu was taking his money and running. You couched it by saying you didn't have a clue what that meant and I'll reinforce what you said, you don't have a friggin' clue what insider trading may or may not mean. Do you have ANY experience in the stock market? I do...the fact that Shantanu sold a bunch of stock means exactly that Shantanu sold a bunch of stock. It seriously means nothing more than that...and if you were trying to predict the direction of Adobe's stock price from that, I suggest that would be really stupid. But hey, if you honestly think Shantanu is bailing out and Adobe is going to hell in a handcart, why don't you put your money where your mouth is and sell a bunch of Adobe stock short...come on, if you got any balls, put your money where your mouth is.

What, you really don't have a clue what insider trading actually means and you don't want to try to predict Adobe future stock price?

John has rather nicely (far nicer than I would have been) tried to explain that what you tried to imply was total bullshit...and now your attack line is you'll never buy another book John writes?

Yeah, ya know, I'm pretty sure John can look at himself in the mirror and have no problem with what he sees. You? I'm not so sure...

I'm pretty much done with the bitchy little girl camp...you all can do what you want to do...stick with CS6 till it molds off your machine, or jump to GIMP of try to use some of the other Photoshop wannabees...I really don't care.

If you want to have a reasonable discussion of issues, fine...otherwise, I think you all have beaten this horse to death. And if this personal bullshit stuff keeps happening, I suspect that this thread (and others like it) will get closed.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 09:13:47 pm by Schewe »

dds

« Reply #197 on: June 10, 2013, 12:39:18 am »

I'm pretty much done with the bitchy little girl camp...you all can do what you want to do...stick with CS6 till it molds off your machine, or jump to GIMP of try to use some of the other Photoshop wannabees...I really don't care.

If you want to have a reasonable discussion of issues, fine...otherwise, I think you all have beaten this horse to death.

Wow. I don't know you, Schewe. But you show all the signs of being a bully. A defensive bully, because you are on the wrong side of this whole issue, and I think you know it. So count me into the bitchy little girl camp, big macho Adobe man.

Simon J.A. Simpson

« Reply #198 on: June 10, 2013, 05:11:25 am »

This was intended as an honest question devoid of any underhand intent.

I unreservedly withdraw the question and any insinuation that may be derived from it.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #199 on: June 10, 2013, 05:57:43 am »

This was intended as an honest question devoid of any underhand intent.
I unreservedly withdraw the question and any insinuation that may be derived from it.
Don't worry, Simon. I certainly don't blame you for wondering, but I just laughed it off and I hope I directly answered your curiosity.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 27   Go Up