Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The "chemical" canon 90 MP black and white Eos (use your current lenses) SOLD  (Read 2522 times)

8x10 user

A black and white Eos? Using a molecular chemical recording method with resolution that can be measured in the microns (as low as 3 microns)? I'm sure you all most have heard of this... It's called Film. Yes, this is a canon film EOS SLR. I'm pretty sure you can use it with your already existing super sharp, state of the art, canon eos lenses and obtain stellar results with ultra high resolution black and white film. Check freestyle photography some of the 35mm stuff is rated way over what the best drum scanners can resolve. For example ilford has a pan 50 and rollei makes an advanced technical pan that is built on high resolution surveillance technology. The best drum scanners for this type of film have a 3 micron aperture and can scan at up to 8000 or 12000 pixel per inch, respectively. This correlates to a 96 - 216 mega pixel image (using 1x1.5 inches as the area). The question is can your lenses keep up?

Drum scans are expensive, so only use them for your best work. The canon lenses and cameras you already own are the expensive part. This allows one to shoot pure bayer free black and white, on the side, without a whole new top of the line digital camera. The best part is that I am only asking $250 for this camera, the cost of a mear battery replacement for your current canon.

Actually, the best part is that you can use this camera with your current lenses. Good glass is expensive.

The cool thing about this camera as a 35mm film camera is it's ease of use.... It handles much like a modern digital camera with fast shooting, auto focus, light metering, and various camera modes. So even though you are using film you can still be confident that you are getting that shot.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 08:10:10 pm by 8x10 user »

8x10 user

If you want to shoot color with this Kodak Ektar 100 is state of the art color negative technology that was built for hollywood films. 35mm still cameras use a much large frame, the long side on most cinema cameras is generally ~24 which is the short side on 35mm still camera frames which are 35mm in length... Cinema uses three perforations of the film while this camera use eight. The common scanning resolutions for 35mm cinema is 2, 4, 6, and 8k with 4k and 8k being the norm for larger productions. If hollywood is getting 4096 pixels on the 24mm side of frame then it is reasonable to calculate that one could obtain a 4000 x 6000 pixel image using a 24x35mm frame. So if your scanner and lenses can keep up 24MP is obtainable from this color film and camera.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 10:22:06 pm by 8x10 user »

8x10 user

I'll throw in a few rolls of 35mm to get you started. Its like a memory card only analog.

8x10 user

Ok $200 for 35mm Canon Eos-1 film SLR

8x10 user

SOLD

There is a "retro" cool factor to being one who shoots with film.

From a technical standpoint BW film is very very high quality.  

SOLD
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 08:10:59 pm by 8x10 user »

nightfire

I have to hand it to you - that was one hell of a sales pitch!  ;D

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com

Considering they sell for about $70 on ebay I'd say the suc...er, sales-pitch worked very well indeed :)

8x10 user

Considering they sell for about $70 on ebay I'd say the suc...er, sales-pitch worked very well indeed :)

Actually I sold this one on eBay for $100.

I do object to the sucker sales pitch remark. I made no misrepresentations regarding what the item is or its condition.

I listed this camera here because I thought it could be a good BW film camera for current Canon digital users and I felt I recognized a value in the camera that perhaps the average ebay seller might not see. Sure there might be people who read my description and looked for the same camera at a cheaper price. However I felt someone might appreciate the content of my description and the idea behind it enough that they would consider the asking price to be fair and acceptable.

Also there is something to be said about purchasing a film camera from someone who actually uses film and owns a drum scanner. Compare to new canon cameras and the best lenses I'd say the difference in cost is worth the reliability of the source, and not worrying about any hassles from a defective camera. Missing "the shot" is not worth saving a few bucks.

Not everyone has the time or patience to hunt for the best possible price on every piece of photography gear. For many their time is more valuable that any small amount of savings they may or may not find.

Plus sometimes those "too good to be true prices" are just such... I've been successfully scammed a couple times and have subjected to dozens of unsuccessful attempts. For many, it is worth a little more to purchase from a reliable source who is good at spotting defects and offers a satisfaction guarantee.

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com

You just proved my point :)  I JOKED about sucker because you had it listed for $200-$250 and said SOLD...and IF you sold it at those levels, you found a sucker!  BUT you sold it for what I said, but left out that important bit of info ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up