Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kaʻūpūlehu Shores  (Read 1083 times)

James Clark

Kaʻūpūlehu Shores
« on: May 20, 2013, 10:26:44 pm »

I think this forum tends to like either more realistic or more abstract images, but I thought I would share this anyway. I like the geometry, and the saturated colors speak to me about an idyllic summertime feeling.

Tony Jay

Re: Kaʻūpūlehu Shores
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 01:06:42 am »

James the concept is good but I have to confess, that for me, the water does not work in this instance.
Obviously my take is very subjective so I am very curious to know what others may think because I think there may a bit of a spread of opinion on this one.

Tony Jay

James Clark

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 02:31:02 am »

James the concept is good but I have to confess, that for me, the water does not work in this instance.
Obviously my take is very subjective so I am very curious to know what others may think because I think there may a bit of a spread of opinion on this one.

Tony Jay

:)  I think there may be as well.  Is it the color or the longish exposure that doesn't work for you?  Or both?

Tony Jay

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 04:59:11 am »

James I think neither the blurred water from the long exposure, per se, nor the colour of the water, per se, are necessarily issues.
In this case the mix of the two seems, to me anyway, wierdly unworldly.

As I already said the photographic techniques involved are certainly not the issue just, in this case, the result.
I have seen many jaw-droppingly beautiful and inspirational images where long exposure has blurred the movement of the ocean.

There are many fine and discerning eyes on this forum who will, hopefully, also offer opinions about your image.
Personally, I feel, that an enormous amount can be learnt from images such as this that are so close to being winners.

Tony Jay

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 05:11:36 am »

I agree with Tony, the water doesn't look natural. Especially, when contrasted with the apparently sharp tree.

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 05:58:25 am »

I like the image as a whole, and also the different details. The several horizontal layers in the image work well, there is a clear geometry at work.

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2013, 04:25:28 pm »

I like it and also the water- it seems a combination of two pictures with short and long shutterspeeds... (?) or no wind at all?

Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

Rajan Parrikar

• Rajan Parrikar
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2013, 05:53:53 pm »

With some minor changes, you can mark it up $1 million dollars.  See -

http://www.tate.org.uk/art/artworks/gursky-the-rhine-ii-p78372

James Clark

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2013, 10:06:06 pm »

I like it and also the water- it seems a combination of two pictures with short and long shutterspeeds... (?) or no wind at all?

No wind at all.
Pages: [1]   Go Up